EVERYONE WITH SOLID UPPER MOUNTS READ!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EVERYONE WITH SOLID UPPER MOUNTS READ!!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:14 PM
Well this really sucks my car is in the garage on jack stands. I noticed a noise yesterday and found that my RF inner CV boot was torn to @#$% from it hitting something. The noise is fromn the rubber hitting the subframe.I looked under the hood today and found my engine resting on the motor mount. The bracket it mounts to that mounts to the engine broke in HALF. So anyone with solid upper mounts make sure you keep a eye out for this. just wanted to warn people hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.

Re: EVERYONE WITH SOLID UPPER MOUNTS READ!!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:29 PM
Be interested in a picture of that...please post it!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:51 PM
Maybe you just didn't install yours right or something. This is the first I've heard of this in 3+ years here. Although I did sheer the factory one in half with some nice wheelhop. That was fun.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:52 PM
thats how I broke a stock one.... my lower mount was dragging on the ground and I wore a notch into my block from my axle... CRAZY @!#$oodles!!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:53 PM
The rk mount it self is fine. What broke is the part the actually bolts to the engine. I'll have pics up soon

Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:25 PM
Heres the pics. O and to the bolt that is still in the bracket broke of the other half is still in the block. Luckily its stickinh out enough that I can probably get it out with some pliers

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:54 PM
holy crap....i wonder if the mount caused that or if its just a coincidence....damn, thats kinda scary

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:57 PM
I'm guessing it from the excess stress of the solid mount.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:10 PM
I doubt it's from the stress of the mount. If that was it I would be having issues. Probably made 200+ passes with the RKS mount along with the 49K miles. My guess is plain old metal fatigue. You got some wheelhop issues that you need to cure maybe?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:14 PM
Possibly. My car has 100k on it, I've had the rk mount for probably 50k or so. Hardly ran the nitrous at all with the mount in. Dont really have wheel hop issues anymore, havent since the mount and the control arm bushings. Just wanted to post this to show that it may become a problem. I mean hell somethin has to move when you hit the gas. Guess that mount is a weak point. I just hope it isnt to expensive

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:18 PM
Wow!!!! Keep us updated............

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:21 PM
ecotecpower wrote: Just wanted to post this to show that it may become a problem. I mean hell somethin has to move when you hit the gas. Guess that mount is a weak point. I just hope it isnt to expensive

word. somethings gotta give.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:23 PM
the bracket is like 40 bucks, maybe 45

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:35 PM
Snowman wrote:the bracket is like 40 bucks, maybe 45

I sure hope so. I have to do the axle boot to. And I noticed the other day that my RR wheel bearing is shot from a accident a few months ago.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:00 PM
I bet there was a casting flaw that caused that, you probabally just got unlucky.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:46 PM
That happened to a cav at the track locally, the bolts ripped out of the block, his reaction time was .666 too LOL but he made it home on one bolt. He is a member here too Jeff McNeil i think is his last name. It was crazy.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:39 PM
my gawd , that is freakin crazy

ive only seen stuff like that from accidents , or stupidity

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:43 PM
a week after i installed my mounts the top one broke both bolts and my engine was crooked in the bay sucked couse the bolts were both broke off inside the mounts that was a pain.

http://www.geocities.com/WIJTuners/?200511

wi jbody site

http://www.cwctekcom.com/ go here for some awsome deals on installs and awsome stereo stuff in new lisbon, WI
Monday, March 27, 2006 12:25 AM
I would say that it's possible your accident might have had a little to do with it.

Hey I think I have an extra one of those from one of my old engines. If your interested I can check at work tomorrow.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Monday, March 27, 2006 7:08 AM
Brandoson - 13.82@99.88 wrote:I would say that it's possible your accident might have had a little to do with it.

Hey I think I have an extra one of those from one of my old engines. If your interested I can check at work tomorrow.

Possibly but doubtful. My accident was I hit some dirt in a turn and slid off the road. Thanks for the offer, I'm gonna try finding one here in town today. If I cant I'll write you a e-mail.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search