WAI vs CAI read - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: WAI vs CAI read
Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:32 PM
I think people give intakes way to much credit

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:44 PM
I think I agree with you.

-Seth

Friday, March 24, 2006 5:59 AM
X3

an intake on a 4 banger does next to nothing either way... and the cai vs. wai has been beater to death, then resurected and beaten to death again

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:51 AM
Well I like intakes they do make a difference . But dont invest your life in an intake. Either buy one or make one then if its in good working order don't f with it. Set it and forget it!!!! Because these people invest so much time and money in intakes. I have wai I have also tinkered with cai,wai,Middle tempture intake intakes when I was younger for mounths on end! Thought all this research I have discovered that intakes do help but as far as the difference between cai and warm air intake. Honestly i think the hp number are prolly the simler if not exeactly the same!!! And one intake is cheaper and alot less work to service the filter and you dont have to worrie about water induction. So get a wai and go on with you f'ing life invest your time and money in other mods.Or pay more for a cai and take the wheel off and the finderwell apart every time your filter is dirty. And get all worried when it rains really hard! These people are negative about intakes they might not show much on adyno but the air in a dyno fan is not even realstic to air when driving down aroad. So look at how much they help 1/4 mile times this will prove they are good mods.

darkblade j
Friday, March 24, 2006 12:38 PM
damn the time that guy wasted on a 3hp mod is ridiculous...

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:36 AM
my car ran better on the stock intake than an after market one

Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:11 AM
First off alex if this is true then you have other issues but your porbley just a total idiot!!!!
It more like 5-7 hp but then again hp is just anumber and if you wann say they dotn help look at before and after 1/4 mile times. The stupid fan at the dyno shop doesnt even come close to the air when your driving down a road!!!! And your car will rev faster 2. Look its amental thing once one of these people on here says it dosnt work then everybody follows along. I beg one of you a holes to put the stock intake back in were talking the way it came from the factory FENDER WELL CRAP AND ALL and then dive your car around. And say its honestly no different. Also when installing intake unhook your battery for at least an hour so your computer can adjust!!!!!!!

darkblade j
Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:57 AM
Whoa settle down man. lol

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:19 PM
darkbladej wrote:Also when installing intake unhook your battery for at least an hour so your computer can adjust!!!!!!!

???
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:38 PM
I have to ask does it make a difference if you unhok the battery after you install an intake? I installed mine a while ago, never unhooked the battery, noticed a difference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:09 PM
The purpose behind unhooking the battery is to "flash" the ECU. So when you hook it back up, the computer should "notice" there's more air coming in and adjust for it. Never really cared to test this theory, but I always disconnect the battery when I mod the car anyway--at the very least for safety.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:13 PM
Kross wrote:
darkbladej wrote:Also when installing intake unhook your battery for at least an hour so your computer can adjust!!!!!!!

???

well considering that works you should take back your double wtf son.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:58 PM
That was the most half assed "comparison" I've seen yet. Let's all just agree to disagree. Custom vs. Premade, WAI vs CAI, dog vs cat, its all personal preference.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:39 AM
Only thing I can say, is that they tested 6 different intakes on a STi and the Cold Air Intakes were predominately better performance wise. The 2 CAI had about a 20hp gain while the 4 WAI had no more then a 12hp gain. I'm guessing this is bhp, becuase it'd be a big difference if it was whp.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:48 AM
Why would you unhook your battery for "at least an hour"?

Most sensors are cleared after 30 seconds to a minute.

That's what my double wtf was for there, and I won't take it back, actually I'll add another...

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:35 PM
Jesus....dont you people have better things to talk about?

-Coming Soon
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search