stressed, not sure what to do - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stressed, not sure what to do
Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:26 AM
i have a 99 z24
4-1 header
high flow cat full exhaust
intake
billet crank pulley
b&m short throw

I want to get some power this summer and i was thinking about doing
10:5:1
eagle rods
clevittes
100 wet shot
fuel pump

but before i do that im obviously geting the machine spyder gears and team green lsd

is my setup fine without any timing or anything, someone was telling me last night if i raise the compression that i would have to change everything cause my car would start throwing codes and just goin nuts on me?????? can someone please help me out cause im just lost now.......

One more question, what is the Stock piston C/R for my 99 z24

thanks so much

Re: stressed, not sure what to do
Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:43 PM
well if you are running a 100 shot of nitrous on higher compression, you will definitely want your timing retarded a bit. HPT will be coming out soon and that will probably be your best bet, if not Megasquirt honestly. As far as the stock compression ratio on your motor, it's 9.5:1

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Re: stressed, not sure what to do
Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:01 PM
I don't think HPT will offer any extra RPM controlled functions like nitrous timing control. Go with an MSD DIS-II if you want to control timing under nitrous. As far as adjusting timing on higher compression, you should be fine with stock as long as you don't go higher than 10.5:1, and you only use premium fuel. If you want to use regular fuel, get HPT.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search