upper mount? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
upper mount?
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:56 PM
I recently installed the rk sport upper motor mount on my ecotec, i have the lower prothane mount to but havent installed it yet? Now to my understanding I thought the mount was supposed to reduce wheel hop off the line. mine seems to have gotten worse? anyone else have this problem?

Re: upper mount?
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:18 AM
some say it helps. but some control arm bushings will help too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:54 AM
I got both upper and lower mounts along with the tranny mounts and control arm bushings . i noticed after i put the control arm bushings in u get NO wheel hop at all . so id say go with the control arm bushings there worth the cash
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:13 AM
ok..thanks for the info guys...guess i got some wrong info previously about the mounts.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:03 AM
The engine mount reduces the engine movement, delivering "more power" to the wheels. I highly doubt they would reduce wheel hop. Get some Control Arm Bushings and upgrade suspension parts to do this.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:06 AM
Jon how are the vibes with just the upper in? I just put both upper and lower in this weekend and the initial startup is harse, and cruising at about 70, vibes my rear view. Other than that I don't mind the vibes. There not that bad. Once it gets warmer out too, that should help things I hope. Something is rattling above my head though...............
The price you pay, I guess.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:39 PM
Hey...my rattling with the upper in is slight...you can tell the difference when you start the car up cold and when your downshifting. its not intense though...but the way i look at it..the louder and more vibrations you have..the more power you have...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search