what size hole for IAT?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what size hole for IAT??
Monday, March 20, 2006 3:38 PM
I'm finishing up my intake fab tonight after work and I don't know what size the hole needs to be for the IAT sensor. Thought this would be the best place to ask.

Re: what size hole for IAT??
Monday, March 20, 2006 3:42 PM
Do you still have your stock intake system? I would take your old IAT bung from your stock intake system and use that to measure.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, March 20, 2006 3:53 PM
Yeah, um, I had a very retarded moment this morning. Today is garbage day so I tossed it out with the old exhaust and a few other things. I didn't think of it until it was too late. I rushed back home hoping to catch it before the trash truck went but I'm SOL. I was hoping someone would have the answer for me.

Monday, March 20, 2006 4:13 PM
Its a 1/2" hole around the body of the sensor, and just a hair over for the little ridges on the sensor. You should be fine if you drill it for half inch. BTW, I just mic'd my old IAT, so it's pretty darn accurate!

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Monday, March 20, 2006 4:23 PM
Sweet. And I don't need a grommet or anything like that, right? I'm just using thin-wall tubing, I figured at the worst I might need to seal around the sensor with silicone until I could get a rubber grommet.

Monday, March 20, 2006 4:29 PM
R U boosted? If not, just use some RTV or someting, should be fine!

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Monday, March 20, 2006 4:37 PM
No boost. Probably wont ever boost. This is my daily driver so I'm keeping it simple.

Monday, March 20, 2006 11:12 PM
Go to the hardware store and get a $.025 gromet, for pete's sake. We drill a 5/8" hole in our intakes for it.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:06 AM
Agent Omega wrote:Go to the hardware store and get a $.025 gromet, for pete's sake. We drill a 5/8" hole in our intakes for it.

It's already done, sorry. I finished it last night. I dind't even bother with a grommet. For one, at 9pm in the middle of a snow storm it's hard to find a hardware store that's open. And I drilled out to a hair over a 1/2 inch and the sensor fit just fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search