Magnaflow Street Series - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Magnaflow Street Series
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:13 PM
I was curious what is the most recommended magnaflow street series muffler to use? I have a no name brand canister muffler and it sounds aweful with what i got now, I have so far a Pacesetter header, magnaflow high flow cat, and resonator, but how does the magnaflow street series sound or would you all recommend another for a mellow but agressive tone?

Re: Magnaflow Street Series
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:23 PM
I have the oval body, single 4" tip, single wall (p/n 14827) on my car. also have a Flowtech 18" resonator. when the car is cold, I get a bit of raspiness, but as the car warms up, it goes away. the sound is not really loud, and I like the tone.
I've heard that a double-wall tip will make a difference, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:26 PM
sounds like a good review, i have a state trooper after me I live in VA i just need something a bit quiter, it dosn't just have to be magna flow I just want something that will keep my flow good since i'm running nitrous but on the quite side....

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:27 AM
I have the magnaflow street series 5x8 oval w/ 4" tip double wall (p/n 14814) with a 25" dynomax thrush magnum glasspack. It gives a nice deep tone when warmed up. With a resonator it is very quiet at low rpms and cruising (almost sounds like stock). However, it is a bit raspy when not warmed up and after about 5k rpm. Besides that, sounds really nice.

"Kneel before ZOD!!!"
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:29 AM
How long is the resonator? You may want to look into getting a longer resonator. Something like a 24".

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:04 PM
don't think i can go longer i got a 25" resonator....the weak point in my exhaust system is the muffler its very cheap quality not even a brand name, got it at an exhaust shop the box said "Larson industries" on it...i think i'm going to look into getting the oval magnaflow street series need soemthing that sounds stock while cruising but yet has good flow, thanx for the reviews guys.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:20 PM
the street series mufflers are straight through designs, probably just like the one you have on there. you might notice a difference, you might not. if you do decide to go with the magnaflow street series, go for the oval and not the round. if you're looking at quieter, find something that's not a straight through design. I was looking at the XL1 series from Magnaflow, but it needs a tip, and they don't make that muffler in a center/center configuration because of the way the muffler is built.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:22 PM
see the thing is i want straight through design, but i figured being oval and also magnaflow brand it might sound somewhat better.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:09 PM
A muffler with a straight through design no matter what brand you get is naturally going to be louder than a muffler that is not a straight through design, this is becuase the exhuast flow isn't surrounded by a lot of deadening material for most of its flow. The good thing about the magnaflow oval and oval mufflers in general is that they generally have more sound suppression material in them then the round mufflers. So if you want a sound that is slightly deeper and less loud than your current round canister style muffler go with an oval style muffler (at least 14" long). If you want maximum sound suppression, go with a longer (at least 18") offset/non straight through design.

"Kneel before ZOD!!!"
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:14 PM
I have a 19" long Borla Turbo XL oval muffler and a 22" magnapack resonator on my Cavy, and its almost as quiet as stock when I'm idling and cruising. If the Magnaflow mufflers are just as quiet as the Borla mufflers, then just buy a 5x8x18 oval magnaflow piece and get the tip you want and have the xhaust shop weld it all up for you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search