just bought some cams...... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just bought some cams......
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:45 PM
and i am looking for cam gears for them.... i assume unless i am mistaken that the only cam gears for a ecotec are from gm part # 88958613........ is there any other ones out there . if you are wondering these are the cams i got for a built head i have cams

any info would be appreciated

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Re: just bought some cams......
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:51 PM
03lssportblue wrote:and i am looking for cam gears for them.... i assume unless i am mistaken that the only cam gears for a ecotec are from gm part # 88958613........ is there any other ones out there . if you are wondering these are the cams i got for a built head i have cams

As far as performance cam gears, not OEM spec, I haven't seen any out there anywhere. I know it wasn't too long ago jbodyperformance.com released adjustable cam gears for the 2.4L, but not for your Eco. Maybe email them and see if they have plans for Eco cam gears?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:03 PM
LD9 Fury!(Shopping for an Eco) wrote:
03lssportblue wrote:and i am looking for cam gears for them.... i assume unless i am mistaken that the only cam gears for a ecotec are from gm part # 88958613........ is there any other ones out there . if you are wondering these are the cams i got for a built head i have cams

As far as performance cam gears, not OEM spec, I haven't seen any out there anywhere. I know it wasn't too long ago jbodyperformance.com released adjustable cam gears for the 2.4L, but not for your Eco. Maybe email them and see if they have plans for Eco cam gears?

i sent them a email but in the mean i was just curious if anyone else knows of any

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:10 PM
GM makes a set of cams gears but cams have been proven to run best at normal timing. The companies making them are making them for that and you should run them there for best performance.

However if you want to spend $350 or so GM is the only way for now.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:28 AM
Jayson, whats the diff in those stage II vs. the tri-flow ones ?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:38 AM
Just stick to your factory gears from what i've heard the adjustable ones aren't worth it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search