Bolt-Ons - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bolt-Ons
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:56 PM
I have a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire, 2dr with a 2200 3spd. automatic, and am looking to upgrade performance without boosting. I have made out a bit of a list of what I plan on doing, but I'm lookin for advice.

Intake: Bought a cheap Ebay CAI, and am planning on upgrading the filter on it to something with a bit better quality, havent recieved the actual intake yet, but I'm betting the

Exhaust: Was thinking of a 2.25 (I heard this was the best size for a non-boosted car thats not wanting to lose power). I heard magnaflow was a good brand to go from the cat-back, but I was just thinking of getting a custom made one from a shop without a resonator(heard that it made you lose some power).

Cat: Going to upgrade this definately, not sure if its a bolt on or not but I've been suggested towards a high-flow cat possibly from RK Sport.

Strut Bar: Going to buy a front/rear package from Gravanna I think...anyone have any better deals for the quality in this category?

Header: Definately going to do this as well, not sure on the actual size of it. I figure I would need a 2.25, same as my exhaust correct? Not sure on any company on this...I've heard pacesetter before though.

Throttle Bodies: No Idea, research needed.

Engine Mounts: Definately going to buy the upper/lower mount, not sure on the company.

Cams: No Idea..need to research into what a cam does.

Valves: Probally going to go stainless steel, just don't know where to get them.

Rocker arms: Not sure, can anyone point me in the right direction on this one?

Pushrods: Not sure, can anyone point me in the right direction on this one?

Pistons and Connecting Rods: Not sure, can anyone point me in the right direction on this one?

Thanks...possibly deserves to be in the noob forum but I figured I would get a more indepth answer from people who know more about performance.

Re: Bolt-Ons
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:01 PM
what are your goals ? I think with all those mods you'd be lucky to hit 140-150 whp. A bit faster than a stock 2.4 or eco, but then you have a 3 spd... so you might be equal with them. Your best bet is boost or swap if you want more than 20-30 hp more.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Re: Bolt-Ons
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:45 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:what are your goals ? I think with all those mods you'd be lucky to hit 140-150 whp. A bit faster than a stock 2.4 or eco, but then you have a 3 spd... so you might be equal with them. Your best bet is boost or swap if you want more than 20-30 hp more.

thats sad...probably WELL over a grand in parts/labor and won't break 160HP...

GO PATS!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search