Thickness of muffler - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thickness of muffler
Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:48 AM
I am ordering my magnaflow muffler, i want either the 14215 or the 14315. They are both 14" long (20" overall), 2 1/4" in/out. but one is 4" thick while the other is 5" thick. Is the difference of the thickness only in sound?? if so which one would you suggest??? Thanks

Re: Thickness of muffler
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:05 AM
I'd go with the one that is 4". That is what I am most likely going to do.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:11 PM
the 4x8 14" magnaflow muff is going to be LOUD! I'd really suggest an 18X5X8. thats pretty decent for most. but yea, the smaller they are the louder, and i think what your going to get is the loudest they make
Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:39 PM
Quote:

the 4x8 14" magnaflow muff is going to be LOUD! I'd really suggest an 18X5X8. thats pretty decent for most. but yea, the smaller they are the louder, and i think what your going to get is the loudest they make

Already ordered it. If its too loud I will have to purchase the one you speak of, I do have a magnaflow 14" res so hopefully that will help. My whole system goes on in two weeks, so i'll find out then.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:21 AM
you should be ok with the resonator. I personally lik emy exhaust on the loud side, as long as it is a tuned sound, not just obnoxious.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search