Glasspack hurting performance? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Glasspack hurting performance?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:08 PM
I'm about to get a 25" dynomax thrush magnum glasspack with the 2.25" in/out installed on my '97 2.4L and was wondering if it will in any way hurt my performance. I'm also getting a pacesetter ceramic coated header installed with a high flow cat and 2.25" custom piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler. The only reason why I'm asking is because I hear this muffler goes down to 2" on the inside and it seems like that might hurt the overall flow of the system. But, if it doesn't hurt performance I'm just going to have it put on. Any feedback would be appreciated because I'm getting everything installed soon.

"Kneel before ZOD!!!"

Re: Glasspack hurting performance?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:13 PM
yup, you better get it outta there, man its probably taking OFF about 10hp!!!!!

I HIGHLY doubt it, dynomax is one of the best companies out there for exhaust systems, much better than magnacrap imo...

Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:15 PM
I don't think it will rob you of anything more than a fraction of 1hp, if anything. Its just a straight tube that is preforated along the inner wall.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:52 PM
I don't see it making any difference but you can always call a professional exhaust shop and they will know best. No midas or nothing like that i mean like Exhaust pro's, mighty muffler, etc...
Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:34 AM
D-LuxZ24 wrote:I'm about to get a 25" dynomax thrush magnum glasspack with the 2.25" in/out installed on my '97 2.4L and was wondering if it will in any way hurt my performance. I'm also getting a pacesetter ceramic coated header installed with a high flow cat and 2.25" custom piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler. The only reason why I'm asking is because I hear this muffler goes down to 2" on the inside and it seems like that might hurt the overall flow of the system. But, if it doesn't hurt performance I'm just going to have it put on. Any feedback would be appreciated because I'm getting everything installed soon.
I have the exact glasspack you're referring to, the 25" overall w/ 2.25" in/out on my 99 2.4L. It didn't do a damn thing to hurt performance. You'll be fine, and you'll be glad you got it.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:07 AM
I'd be most worried about that Magnaflow muffler... if it does go down to 2" internal I'd ditch that... the Glasspack should have no effect as long as it is a 2.25" core...

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search