Supercharger Kit for '99 Z24 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger Kit for '99 Z24
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:12 PM
I see GM makes a supercharger kit for the 2000 and up Cavs. Do they make one for the '99's? Does anyone? Would love to have a complete bolt on kit like that!

Re: Supercharger Kit for '99 Z24
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:13 PM
no, some things have to be modified for the charger to work, and there is no reflash for the pcm

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:15 PM
The only direct 'bolt on' supercharger for the '99 and under J's is the RSM s/c kit. If you want the GM charger then you'll need to do some work (i.e. an 00+ ECU).

Blown.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:31 PM
Where can I get one of these RSM s/c kits?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:46 PM
rsm racing

Before your eyes get too wide and you start giggling, do some research on boosting and on the company itself. There are mixed feelings about RSM on this site, some like them, some don't. Personally, I have had good experiences with them. They've got great customer service and their products are quality.

Blown.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:56 PM
Keep in mind, that's an expensive f**king supercharger kit, even for just the Stage 1 kit. $4400 Dollars?! Are you kidding me?! I can only imagine how much the Stage 2 kit costs, especially since RSM jacked up all their prices a whole lot recently, and it says "Call" instead of giving you a real price. Unfortunately, if you are absolutely Hell-bent on supercharging, that kit is literally your only option unless you wanna go throug all the crap involved in the 00-02 GM Supercharger. Personally, I don't find either of those options very appealing...

I too have a 99 Z24, and honestly, the price of the RSM kits, and the BS you have to do to even get the GM supercharger to work was a total turn-off to supercharging my car at all. I'm going turbo, especially since it does have several advantages over supercharging. I'm building my turbo system custom, but if you want a pre-made kit, there is a great kit by J-Tuners for $2500=Stage 1 and $3500=Stage 3. Don't ask why there's no Stage 2 kit, I emailed them about that months ago and it's still in development I guess. Here's what they had to say:

Gregary,

We are still working on the stage two kit. It is going to include a fuel solution with a fuel pump, injectors, and probably a SAFC for the 2.4. We hope to be done testing the fuel setup in a few weeks. We are currently testing/researching 3 different systems. We are currently leaning towards the apexi SAFC for the 2.4.

JTuners.com Stage 1 Turbo Kit

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:42 PM
The Stage 2 kit from RSM is $4,900.00 and says its only for manuel transmissions. Check it out at www.rsmracing.com its probably the best kit you can get but very expensive. You might just want to check with GM Dealership because the tune your computer when getting the supercharger so maybe they can make it work for you. Good luck
Sunday, February 12, 2006 12:00 AM
^ The "tune" is only available on the 2000+ 2.4L's, the 96-99's can't be flashed with the supercharger program. Its also a basic tune, that everybody gets, not customized for you.

And, on another note, GM no longer makes the 2.4 kits, so whats left on the market is it, after its gone, its gone.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search