so many choices - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so many choices
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:40 PM
okay so I have a 99 2200 and I am getting a fat return so I wanna, of course, get on with the hp. i was thinking about doing a 2.4 swap but I have also been contemplating a turbo set up. I guess my real question is. what is the difference between the 99 2200 and the 2000 2200? and if I do go z24 what is the difference in the years. I still wanna go turbo no matter the decission I just want to get the best out of the money i am going to put in to it. I am going to buy an extra engine and do internals in time so what would be the best choice engine and tranny. thanks for the help

Re: so many choices
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:28 PM
If I were you, I would save the extra money and wouldn't bother with swapping in a 2.4. I would just buy a spare 2200 motor and build it with all the goodies. I'm not sure about what you would need for the tranny other than an upgraded clutch.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:28 PM
no offence but id put the money into a paintjob and fixing the exterior..if thats a current pic in your sig

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:11 AM
half that is a current pic of my car but that is going to change once my tax return comes in. I will still have enough to buy an extra block and tranny so I just want to know the best choice for tranny and engine, and whether the swap would be worth my time.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:15 AM
If your motor and tranny are still in good condition then go turbo.

2.4 engine swap = 30hp
Turbo = WAY more than 30hp

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search