New Bomz Intake (pics) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Bomz Intake (pics)
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:51 PM
I just got my Boms intake today. Its for the 95 - 02 2.4L, but with a few simple modifications, it fits nicely on the 05 2.2. I would recommend saving the money and getting one of these ($30.00 compared to $150.00 ish). If you don't have to work on/modify it, its not any fun I picked it up from hiprospeed on eBay. Link: HiroSpeed eBay intakes

Out of the box:

A few simple modifications:

The finished intake:

When intakes attack:

Re: New Bomz Intake (pics)
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:51 PM
So what all did you have to grind/cut to fit it...the bracket for the throttle cables?

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:02 PM
elkahosso wrote:So what all did you have to grind/cut to fit it...the bracket for the throttle cables?

I had to grind it down some of the throttle bracket so the 90• elbow would fit better. You don't have to, but I think it fits better this way (less of an angle). I also had to drill a small hole in the intake, and add a rubber grommet for one of the lines that ran to the stock intake and remove the bracket that was on the new intake.

The silicone hose they supplied is about 3 inches short, so I just adapted another hose I had laying around until I have time to run to the parts store and pick up the proper size.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:53 PM
so whats the tubing made out of plastic or aluminum,and by the way good find.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:00 PM
good job

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:11 PM
Todd Eisenhard wrote:so whats the tubing made out of plastic or aluminum,and by the way good find.

Its aluminum. Weighs 4 pounds with the filter, silicone lines, and clamps.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:09 PM
good find, thanks i ordered one i have a 2.4 post pics when i get it
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:22 PM
very nice work.

The blood means you did it right.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:47 PM
you said you had to remove the bracket on the intake,so what did you do to bolt in place so it wouldn't bounce around in the engine compartment.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:48 PM
Todd Eisenhard wrote:you said you had to remove the bracket on the intake,so what did you do to bolt in place so it wouldn't bounce around in the engine compartment.

Right now its help up with a custom bracket (metal brace, and a hose clap). Once I have time I will weld on a proper one.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:32 PM
be weary of that bracket on the bend in the elbow. i had a cheap intake and the bracket actually broke off poor weld + aluminum is not forgiving. may not be an issue if you have motor mounts

14.82 @ 97 mph

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:17 PM
Jasonoshawaz24 wrote:be weary of that bracket on the bend in the elbow. i had a cheap intake and the bracket actually broke off poor weld + aluminum is not forgiving. may not be an issue if you have motor mounts

The brace I will make will go from the intake to the engine, I wont bolt it to the body/frame. This way when the engine moves so does the intake, no stress on the weilds

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:00 PM
did that bomz intake come with everything proper to the ld9? like, hole and grommet for iat, and the pcv(damn is that right? head hurts after i get outta college and i can't remember sometimes)
im not really thinkin about buying it, i'm going to make my own soon /dont like how it's 3' in diameter, i'd rather try a 2.5 first/plus have a k$n
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:52 AM
Matt wrote:did that bomz intake come with everything proper to the ld9? like, hole and grommet for iat, and the pcv(damn is that right? head hurts after i get outta college and i can't remember sometimes)

Yes it came with everything for the ld9 (see pic below). I do have plans to add a K&N filter. In the long run its still cheaper to do this instead of the $150.00 for a AEM intake, and with the money I saved, I may buy a B&M Shift Plus

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:42 AM
well if it's all on then how do you like it? not really askin for performance gains cause you prob wouldn't be feeling much, but how did the sound change? in other words are you happy?
Friday, February 10, 2006 4:09 PM
You will feel any intake that is better then sound, you will hear it too.

Save our Environment, Plant a bush back in texas.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:45 PM
nice. I also love the rainbow vacuum line. nice touch. (jk get an all black 1!)

looking good, looks just as good as my typhoon and thats MADE FOR the ecotec lol.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:34 PM
LOOKS nice but semi-Ebayish does it work well?

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:51 PM
Now that I have it mounted right, and all the proper hoses it works really good. There is a very noticable power gain in take off and in the high RPMs. The exhaust is louder, and there is a pretty deep sound coming from under the hood when you floor it. I'm sure it will be better when I add the K&N filter too.

I'm very happy with this intake. Not only do I get better performance/power I have noticed better gas millage aswell.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search