How to install a 2.3 ho intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to install a 2.3 ho intake
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:02 PM
I've looked around for this but can't find anything, can somebody direct me to a good link that tells me how to get this done properly.
thanks for any help.

Re: How to install a 2.3 ho intake
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:19 PM
Seriously..It's almost impossible NOT to find anything by searching. There is TONS of info on this. But since I'm not a dick, here's a link: http://www.ny-jbodies.org/ Click on Library on the left side, and its under 2.4L LD9

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:09 AM
I need this info but that sit is down. Is there any other sit showing this conversion??
Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:29 AM
Try www.quad4forums.com. You'll have to register to access but there is guide on there also. There's a section on the Twin Cam motor and technical writeups including the intake conversion.

Good Luck

Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:11 PM
There are 7 mounting points. The middle and far right ones are left alone. The far left one needs to be expanded to the left a little, if I remember correctly. The two sets of two mounting holes between the #1 & 2 and #3 & 4 runners have to be expanded down. The bottom two holes can be cut all the way out.

After that, you either

1) port match the manifold and a 2.3L gasket then bolt it to the head

or

2) use the Fontana flange and port match one 2.3L gasket to go between the head & flange. Then you use another 2.3L gasket between the flange & manifold... then you use longer than stock 10mm bolts to bolt it up to the block. This is currently the best method, as far as best flow, for the H.O. manifold on a 2.4L head.

If this is confusing, then read more posts (which there is an endless list of...including the NY-Jbody write up).
Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:20 PM
when you remove the manifold from the junk yard, make sure you grab the brake booster hose and the reason you likely think it is stuck on something is the 2.3 has another bolt holding the manifold on from the bottom. simple redrill the holes do some port matching and you can bolt either throttle body on, and you are good to go.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:28 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:when you remove the manifold from the junk yard, make sure you grab the brake booster hose

Hahaha...I cut my stock one in half and reused it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search