Flywheel For Autos - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flywheel For Autos
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:05 PM
So are there flywheels for automatic trans cars as well as maunal? I would think they do, but I normally see clutch/flywheels pkgs. If they do make them for autos would this work? Has anyone used this on their auto before? Is there any other company that sells these?

Thanks for the information.

Re: Flywheel For Autos
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:10 PM
Im not sure about that particular flywheel because it says "for highly modified street or racing vehicles, and for mildly modified street cars" Not sure if you'd notice a difference on a stock car(not saying your is, I dont know), but Fidanza also has these flywheels for our cars. That's the one im going with.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:11 PM
thevilliagemon wrote:So are there flywheels for automatic trans cars as well as maunal? I would think they do, but I normally see clutch/flywheels pkgs. If they do make them for autos would this work? Has anyone used this on their auto before? Is there any other company that sells these?

Thanks for the information.

No, auto's don't have flywheels, they have pressure plates, and they barely wiegh anything as it is.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:18 PM
^^^^^ dude zip it ,

pressure plate is used to clamp the clutch disk to the flywheel

auto's use FLEX PLATES

and there is no aftermarket 1's for us , and if there was they would be heavier , for the increased strength

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:20 PM
^ Flex, pressure, I was close

Either way, my point is right, auto's don't have one, and we can't use flywheels

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:23 PM
lol

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:12 PM
just do what im doing to my LD9, 2.3 pump swap and removing balance shafts , thats a good 10lbs at least off the rotating assembly

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:28 PM
Alright...thanks for enlightening me before I spent the money on something I couldn't use.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search