exhaust mani coating...? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust mani coating...?
Monday, February 06, 2006 9:14 PM
I recently bought a brand new header from pacesetter for $130 shipped! Now the headers are BLACK and I was wondering if I could bring it somewhere to get a stainless steel coating or even ceramic (Shiny looks better)? And about how much would it cost? Or is it not worth doing?

Re: exhaust mani coating...?
Monday, February 06, 2006 10:12 PM
You would want a ceramic coating and yes you can do that. Contact Jet Hot or get a quote on their website and they will help you. They have very good customer service.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:24 AM
sterling no good?
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:01 AM
Daniel Noriega wrote:sterling no good?

That's the coating I am refering to.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:11 AM
PACE SETTER MONZA Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System //// Part# 88-1478 //// Tubing Diameter: 2 1/4"
Monza Tips - Style/Diameter: SP/4" ebay link
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:11 AM
anygood?
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:37 AM
Daniel Noriega wrote:PACE SETTER MONZA Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System //// Part# 88-1478 //// Tubing Diameter: 2 1/4"
Monza Tips - Style/Diameter: SP/4" ebay link
Daniel Noriega wrote:anygood?
I've had it for over a year, and I'm gonna recommend that you stay far, far away from it. The only reason I've kept it on the car is because I've modifyed it beyond recognition. Cut out 25" of pipe and put in a large glasspack to get rid of the raspyness, custom fabricated and welded my own hangers so it didn't fly up and smack the bumper every time I hit the slightest bump in the road, replaced the Pacesetter collector gasket with an expensive FelPro gasket because any gasket Pacesetter gives you is JUNK and doesn't seal correctly and melts to the flange so you can't get it off without filing/sanding it off, all the black paint burned of in like a month, and I'm about to ditch the muffler for a decent one because the Pacesetter muffler sounds tinny, raspy, and it took no time at all before the bits and pieces inside of it wore out and now rattle inside of it at 3500+ RPMs. Yes It's crap

By the way, as the caption below the picture implies, that is not what the Monza system looks like at all for our cars. Instead of the two tiny tips that stick way out from the muffler, it's a single 4" (I think) tip closer to the muffler. That bulge you see in the pipe I assume is their pathetic idea of a resonator, but there is no resonator on our systems, and that's a large contributing factor as to why it sounds so horrible.

I'd steer you more towards a custom exhaust from a shop, pick your own muffler, pick your own resonator / glasspack, and pay less than you would for any pre-made cat-back kit, plus it will sound a hell of a lot better than most and retain all the performance characteristics you want.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search