Intake manifold.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake manifold....
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:30 PM
Im looking to buy an intake manifold and have come across the venom manifold sold for about 700 dollars. i have read that its only meant to be used for drag racing, is this true, and if so. does anyone know where i can get one to go along with my 1997 2.2L chevy cav for performance upgrades, along with a throttle body. i have searched and searched and im just having no luck, most sites either dont have them, or dont have it for this car....

PLS PLS help, thx alot

Re: Intake manifold....
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:36 PM
Venom is definitly not needed. You may wish to swap to the 2200 head and intake manifold. Do a search its been dicussed.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:39 PM
Check out stevefire's top-feed thread in the boost forum, and then talk to the guy offering sheet-metal manifolds towards the bottom.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:49 PM
so the 2200 head and intake manifold will fit my 2.2L

i thought they were 2 different engines :S

???
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:53 PM
You have to also change out the cooling systems, and the injector clips. You will also need to watch out, as the injectors are of different impedences. Obviously they use different manifolds and headgaskets as well.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:59 PM
I'm sure Todd can fabricate something for you that'll be much more streetable than Venom's mani. There's a few good write-ups on the net regarding plenum design and runner length as per your engines displacement and head design. You just have to do a little searching.

If I find that link I'll be sure to post it, very informative.

I would recommend the top feed to any pre 98 LN2 owner who's got a reasonable amount of mechanical know-how. (unless you can afford to pay someone to do it)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:44 AM
k cool, thx for the replies. i just mailed todd and asked him for some pics, anyone else have experience with his work, and know how much performance gains i can be looking at?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search