looking to have 200h/p to 230 h/p any tips? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking to have 200h/p to 230 h/p any tips?
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:06 PM
hey everyone I'm trying to get 200-230 h/p in my cavy any tips? i have a 02 ecotec with headers, exhaust , and intake as of now.

Re: looking to have 200h/p to 230 h/p any tips?
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:08 PM
turbo

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:10 PM
what all would I have to do to install a turbo? I'm sorry but I really don't know much about them expect the make your car faster.
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:37 PM
OMG^^^.......... come on now do a little more research before you just post something like that... Do you just expect to spend like $500 and have 230 hp? Nitrous and/or turbocharging is the only thing thats going to get you to your goal.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:59 PM
no no I mean like in terms of what all you need to have to run a turbo I'm welll awear they cost over $2000.
Monday, February 06, 2006 5:03 PM
take a look here... clicky

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:08 PM
well you should check out the FAQ in the boost forum. this kind of thing is covered a million times a day, just take a few seconds and do a search, not that hard, plus i bet it will answer most if not all of your questions. People today are so dependent on everyone else to do things for them.

Ill make a sig someday
Monday, February 06, 2006 5:59 PM
ron m wrote:hey everyone I'm trying to get 200-230 h/p in my cavy any tips? i have a 02 ecotec with headers, exhaust , and intake as of now.

Just oput of curosity, How many haders do you have?

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:59 PM
ron m wrote:hey everyone I'm trying to get 200-230 h/p in my cavy any tips? i have a 02 ecotec with headers, exhaust , and intake as of now.

Just out of curosity, How many haders do you have?

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:12 PM
^^^ what's that supposed to prove? He sounds like he's new to the world of tuning.

Oh you're just looking for a reason to flame him... ah....

Ron let me start off by saying this, Making a car with that much horsepower from our cavaliers is going to take quite a bit of cash, not to mention labor. From my guess, it doesn't seem like you're all too familiar with modding/tuning of cars, so my advice to you is to read the stickies at the top of the page and to go through a lot of the old posts. Make sure you know exactly what you're doing with the car. Don't buy a header if you know you're going to go turbocharged. and don't waste money for stuff that you're going to get rid of.

If you want a good start in the tuning world. Go with simple boltons like an intake and a header and an exhaust. I see that you already have that. Well it's time to decide what direction to take you car.

Like I said, do more research, Seems like you're jumping in waaay over your head too quick. You need to understand that to make those kinds of numbers you have to have a car capable of holding that power also.

For example, if you go turbo and want to push good amounts of boost, you need to worry about fuel and other aspects of the engine. These engines are designed to be NA, not designed to take too much boost. Go look at the boost stickies for further information on that.

And with this I wave you off and say good luck. Seems like you really need to sit down and do your research before jumping into a project like this.

I hope Adam posts here, he's always the man to talk to about things like this.

Good luck.

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:18 PM
man I have one header. I only have one exhaust manifold I just don't know a whole lot about turbos.

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:39 PM
I'm just new to the world of turbochargers and superchargers. My firebird is tuned with over 300 h/p. I just know everything there is to know with this stuff thats all I didn't know some people were going to be jerks just because I don't understand turbos as much as some people.
Monday, February 06, 2006 6:47 PM
you'd need forced induction (turbo), some fuel upgrades (fpr/fmu), possibly some gauges and tuning. supporting mods like intake/header/exhaust will help too.

research some kits.

14.82 @ 97 mph
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:24 PM
look into a hahn turbo kit, from what I have read it is the most complete kit here and covers all of your tuning needs.

But realize that since you already have a header, intake, and exhaust all of these things are more than likely going bye bye which = money lost. The most important thing to do when modding your car is know which way you are going from the start so that you don't want money.

Reaching 200-230HP NA on a small displacement 4 cyl car is going to take alot of money and in the end you may not even have a streetable car.

I would suggest looking into some form of forced induction as that is the only way to really make it to your goal. I myself plan to stick to bolt ons like yourself and then add nitrous on top of that to reach the 200whp goal. As said, read the forced induction and nitrous stickies and learn a little bit about them and what you need and then make a decision.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:42 PM
Check your email, ron m.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:28 AM
Ion Ninja wrote:

Reaching 200-230HP NA on a small displacement 4 cyl car is going to take alot of money and in the end you may not even have a streetable car.

You'd have to make extremely bad decisions to have a 200-230 hp cavalier/sunfire that's not streetable.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:33 AM
DanteMustDie wrote:You'd have to make extremely bad decisions to have a 200-230 hp cavalier/sunfire that's not streetable.
Putting 230 hp to the wheels NA would most likely mean some VERY aggressive cams, and the car would NOT be fun to drive in traffic...not to mention there's no way you'd pass emissions in most states.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:34 AM
OHV notec wrote:
DanteMustDie wrote:You'd have to make extremely bad decisions to have a 200-230 hp cavalier/sunfire that's not streetable.
Putting 230 hp to the wheels NA would most likely mean some VERY aggressive cams, and the car would NOT be fun to drive in traffic...not to mention there's no way you'd pass emissions in most states.

that's what I meant by BAD decisions

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search