headers... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headers...
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:41 PM
Any one heard of these headers? tsudo, obx (tsudo headers), (obx headers). And last which is better 4-1 or 4-2-1???? and whats the differance????

Re: headers...
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:48 PM
Yes, they've been talked about plenty of times. You can do a search and find plenty of results on them.

As far as the difference between 4-2-1 and 4-1, the main difference is the physicality of them. The 4-2-1 leads from the ports with 4 runners, then meets together and turns into 2 runners and then meets together 1 more time so it's a single pipe leading to the rest of your exhaust. 4-1 has 4 runners to work itself into 1 pipe.

4-2-1 headers usually give better low end response than the 4-1 headers that usually give better high end power.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:50 PM
they're just some ebay headers, personally i woudln't buy them becuase i don't know if they fit properly but i'm sure someone on this site knows if they do or not, and as for the 4-1.. it'll help your high end rpm range more (more hp) while the 4-2-1 will help your low-mid range rpm (more torque)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:42 PM
dario wrote:they're just some ebay headers, personally i woudln't buy them becuase i don't know if they fit properly but i'm sure someone on this site knows if they do or not, and as for the 4-1.. it'll help your high end rpm range more (more hp) while the 4-2-1 will help your low-mid range rpm (more torque)
You're not too far off... you get the basic idea.

I try not to buy important car / performance parts from ebay... never know what kind of f**ked up exploited things you're gonna get even if it says "New and sealed in original box! Never used!" you still have no idea exactly what you're getting. Many folks have the headers you mentioned, and haven't heard a whole lot of complaints about them...

Look into the Pacesetter Armor Coated and Weapon-R headers for the 4-1 style. Fewer choices for the 4-2-1 styles... DC Sports Race Header is a great one. RK Sport makes headers too, but they're way too expensive for what they are, and lots of folks complain about poor fitment / clearance issues.

Monday, February 06, 2006 2:27 PM
What motor do you have? The reason I ask is b/c there are alot of Tsudo headers on Ebay listed as 4-2-1 for the 2.4 that are actually 4-1's. They just miss list them or are idiots and don't know the difference. In any case, Pacesetter, DC sports and Weapon R are good names from what I've heard and OBX is also decent but usually put a grade lower in quality. Thought the OBX are usually Stainless steel, rather than mild steel painted/ceramic coated like the Pace Setter which will rust from the inside out eventually.

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search