cold air itake ??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cold air itake ???
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:13 AM
i have been looking around for a cold air intake for my 97 sunfire 2.2 and i cant seem to find much. i found one on ebay from driven autosports. i dont know if it is any good and i was wondering if anyone would know if it is and if not where i can find a good one. thanks

Re: cold air itake ???
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:39 AM
90% of ebay intakes that claim to be cold air intakes aren't. they just go behind the battery INSIDE the engine bay.

a true cold air intake goes into the fenderwell.

it has bee dyno proven that there is very little difference in performance between and cold air intake and a warm air intake. i wouldn't bother with a cold air intake (more expensive and harder to find) because warm air intakes are readily available and cheaper.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:30 AM
Mitchell Hemmen:

I offer a true cold-air-intake for your model J-Body. I can't link to pictures on our website, but this will take you to the exact page:

RD Fabs 95-97 2.2L Cold Air Intake

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:31 AM

Here you go chris..

Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:18 PM
this intake that you offer. where does the filter end up is it behind the battery or in the fenderwell and does it make a good difference. it is pretty expensive but it is good looking intake i just hope it performs as good as it looks.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:21 PM
nity9cavsedancdj i donno what the hell your talkin bout
Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:16 PM
Mitchell Hemmen-

The filter will reside in front of your driver's side tire, behind the bumper. Our intakes are well worth the money, especially in the sense that they'll never lose their shine and don't conduct heat nearly as fast as aluminum. If you price out any of the really good companies FULL cold air intake setups, they're going to be as much if not far more expenive than ours, and theirs are aluminum.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:30 PM
yeah thats great. thanks for the feedback i will be looking into purchasing one when i have the money. it wont be to long. but how much would the shipping and handling and everything work out so i know what money im goin to be needing. i am in kitchener, ontario in canada. this info would be great i looked on the site and couldnt really find much about that. thanks again
Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:37 PM
i have a 00' 2.2 Cavalier with chea ebay short air intake and liek to get something better it sctrached all up already and gotten dull and doesnt hold a shine , i have a K&N fitler i bought for it afterwards special ordered for werid size , do u sell good shiny short air intakes also? Agent Omega - Mitchell -

Thanks!
Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:59 PM
hey matt if you open the link that he has and go to the intake items it will show the cars that they are available for and i think your car is it there for short ram. but if i were you i would look into the cold air they seem to be much better.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:04 PM
alright i'll check the link out when i get a chance, if they have plug or mount for air temp sensor and affordable i might get one
thanks

Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:28 PM
if it dosnt have a air temp sensor the you simply drill the hole and put in the sensor fitting problems solved
Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:11 PM
They have all engine models from 95-05 engines covered for both sunfires and cavaliers.

95-97 ( 2.2 )
98-02 ( 2.2 )
96-92 ( 2.4 )
02-05 ( 2.2 ecotec )

Both Short ram and cold air intakes. I started out with just a short ram, but i wanted the whole nine yards, after that and my g/f at the time went behind my back and met up with chris and they had the extension for me by valentines day. Not only do i know chris personally as a friend, but also the shop owner ryan, the amount of work and time these guys put forwards into these things is simply amazing. Nothing goes out of the shop unless its Grade A+! I've had mine for 2 years now and its worth every penny, and still looks the same as on day 1 when it was installed in Chris's front yard... ( that was a trip with you and adam) Still shiney!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:36 PM
Mitchell Hemmen-

Shipping on a full cold-air intake is generally $20.00, which includes a UPS tracking number. To Canada, it's obviously slightly more--figure around $30.00

Matt-

I do offer the short ram version for your engine as well as the full cold air. In regards to the IAT sensor, there is a rubber gromet in the tube which will allow this to plug right back in the way it would be stock. In the picture below of my engine in 2005, a short ram will have the filter clamped on in place of the coupler that's behind the battery.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:22 PM
sounds sweet its $185 or230 with K&N filter i see maybe i'll get one soon i got other things the car needs more im going to get first thought but i def wont forget that
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search