I need some advice - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need some advice
Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:37 PM
Well first of id just like to say sup, this is my first post. Well i just needed some advice from other cavalier owners about what i should do to mine. I have a stock 97 cavalier 2.2 l and auto tranny. i wanted to do a little mods and upgrades to it so that it may perform a littlle better. i am currently planning on a cold air intake, a cat convertor, and cat back exhaust from magnaflow. i also have ordered a exhaust header. i have heard that also changing the intake manifold will give me a little more performance, but no matter how much i look, i cant find one for my car. can anyone help me with that. and possibly give me some more advice on what i can do to the engine.... thx in advance

Re: I need some advice
Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:05 PM
Try www.rsmracing.com or www.jbodyperformance.com or you could port match you own plastic intake manifold. By that I mean taking a dremel and wearing it down to match the the intake side of the head. I got the Venom inttake manifold. I got lucky on the price. You can change pulleys and cams depending on how mechanically proficient you are.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:37 PM
but i read that the venom intake manifold is for drag racing purposes only... is this true, im talking about the one for about 700 dollars. thats what i read anyways, and think to abck it up or disprove it. can it be used for regular every day use.

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/product.aspx?p=1008&c=79&l=2
Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:12 PM
Ijaz Zackey wrote:but i read that the venom intake manifold is for drag racing purposes only... is this true, im talking about the one for about 700 dollars. thats what i read anyways, and think to abck it up or disprove it. can it be used for regular every day use.

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/product.aspx?p=1008&c=79&l=2
As for that, I don't know about the 2.2's, but the Venom manifold for the 2.4's and Eco's is pure crap. It's all about looks. Damn pricey too. Stay far away.

Todd Nixon wrote:Try www.rsmracing.com or www.jbodyperformance.com or you could port match you own plastic intake manifold. By that I mean taking a dremel and wearing it down to match the the intake side of the head. I got the Venom inttake manifold. I got lucky on the price. You can change pulleys and cams depending on how mechanically proficient you are.
I got the RSM intake manifold back in my Newbie days when I didn't know any better, and it's not impressive at all either. Your best bet for the 2.2 is to go ahead and port your own manifold. Costs nothing, and better gains than what any company has to offer as far as I know.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:37 PM
hmmm i c, is there any place where i can just buy an intake manifold for my 2.2 l auto tranny? and also i was just wondering about my exhaust system. when u search for the header, cat conv. , and cat abck system do you need to make sure that their piping size all need to be the same such as 2.25 inch, or do they all fit?
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:49 PM
Your header is gonna have, most likely a 2.25 opening, especially if you get it from pacesetter. You can get different cats, stay away from catco, its a cheap hiflow, and cheap is a huge word here, magnaflow on the other hand makes top notch stuff. Most of the exhausts are 2.5 or 2.25, its all about what you wanna do. If you are going to keep it NA, then go with the 2.25 and I would recommend the magnaflow, if you plan on boosting it, you'll probably wanna go with the 2.5. Think about it long and hard, cause you really don't wanna waste your money. RSM has a supercharger, and I think someone else does too. There is plenty of stuff for a turbo setup out there, you just gotta search. And of course you wouldn't need a header if you were goin that route.

When it comes to fitting, yeah, with some mild manipulation, they all fit.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search