2k+ 2200-2.2 eco swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2k+ 2200-2.2 eco swap
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:46 PM
ok, so i know i just posted a thread about doing a 2.4 swap, but in my searches at the junkyard for one i came up empty handed. i did however find that they have a few 2.2 ecotecs there. the only questions i have are-1-will my tranny bolt up? (2002 5-speed) 2-what mounts will i need? i assume just an upper motor mount, but not positive. 3-i know i need the pcm and wire harness, but i have a manual so i would have to reprogram it, right? 4-is the flywheel the same? 5-am i missing anything? i don't want to get started on this and then realize i'm missing a vital piece of the puzzle. thanks a lot and sorry about the double-post kinda thing. btw, i did search and didn't really find much helpful info. i know this has been done before on other cars, but idk if my engine/tranny combo has been used before as a starting point. and the engine's out of a 2000 grand am. thanks again

-john

Re: 2k+ 2200-2.2 eco swap
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:23 PM
1. No, you need an Ecotec transmission.

2. Upper engine mount, yes.

3. PCM I believe is different, so you'll need that.

4. Flywheel is different, but how different I don't know. Compatible? Not sure on that either.

There's some more info in the FAQ (check the library) and in the big 'how to' post -> http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=29941&t=29941

Re: 2k+ 2200-2.2 eco swap
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:05 PM
thank u very much john. looks like i was searching the wrong forum. i also didn't realize the tranny mating surfaces were different. thanks again

-john
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search