HyperGround System S-Type ??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HyperGround System S-Type ???
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:12 PM
I was on the gravana web site searching for parts for my sunfire an I encountered this : HyperGround System S-Type. Is it really possible to gain horsepower and torque by installing this on my car. All the other things it says can improve makes sense to me but horse power an torque I really don't know. the picture shows a gain of 16 hp on a legacy. If its true I know the gain will be different from the gain they say the legacy obtained.

Could anyone explain me how could it help the engine gain hp and torque? An if it is a good product?

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2005_Pontiac_Sunfire_Coupe_2.2_16v.aspx/2/1964/_HyperGround_System_S_Type

Re: HyperGround System S-Type ???
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:24 PM
it doesn't do anything but make your wires look pretty colors, your stock ground wires are 10 gauge, which can flow......hang on a min, lemme check my book....ok, lets just say your ground wires that this kit replaces is 5 feet long ( i think its less than that, but 5 feet is the lowest my wiring book goes down to), anyways, at 5 feet can continuously handle 100 amps...(more than the stock alt produces, therefore, efficient enough for the stock alternator) it can also handle intermintent amperage of about 170 amps.

this grounding kit appears to be using 8 gauge wire, if you add that in additon to the stock wires your running the equivalent of 4 gauge wire, which can handle over 300 amps, but will still only be flowing the stock alternator amperage, which if i recall is 90 amps, which is handled very efficiently by the stock grounding wires.

basically this kit is like taking a 5 inch diameter pipe, and a 10 inch diameter pipe and pouring a gallon of water down each of them, both will flow that small amount equally well.

so basically, its a ripoff and not worth the cash, unless you like paying over a hundred bucks for some colored wire

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:47 PM
Thank you for the information.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:01 PM
not a problem, i hate seeing people throw money away on stuff that doesnt work, and even if it did work, its a ton cheaper to just get some 8 gauge wire from an audio store and make your own kit

Hail Satan

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:32 AM
It does help a SMALL BIT. Don't buy a kit tough. I got all my wires, shrink and connection for 10$. It does the same thing.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:41 AM
forgot to mention, if you have a high output alternator, then you should upgrade the wire, anything over 100 amps and you should get bigger wires, but with the stock alt, no need really

and yeah MFK, it will help a very small bit, but for $120, the tiny tiny gain you get is not worth the price tag, hell, the tiny gain you get to me doesn't even justify the few bucks on a DIY kit and the labor to install.

only reason why it would help a very small bit is that at 90 amps you are reaching the end of the current capacity of the stock wire, and it will heat up a little bit, raising its resistance and causing a slight voltage drop across the wires, but this amount is so small, if you notice a difference, you have maintenance issues anyways

Hail Satan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search