Custom Exhaust setup on ecotec... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom Exhaust setup on ecotec...
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:05 PM
Hey everyone.

I have recently picked up a couple of recylced parts off an SRT-4 at my local customs shop, they were "throw aways" its a stock SRT-4 exhaust system from the cat back. Because I havnt done any exhaust work on my car yet, I was wondering how much custom fabbing I would have to have done to actually get this thing to mount up, and bolted on. I know for sure I could get it mounted to my axle back section (the back end of the srt exhaust which is basically a figure 8 twist of pipe with two tips on the ends. My question is how hard it would be to actually mount it in the area it needs to sit in. If its to much work, I can simply find a neon owner to throw this at. If a shop can do this easily, then I would consider having it mounted up with a custom job. My main concern is even if i had custom L hangers places onto the exhaust, that it would get anywhere it needed to be on my back end. If anyone has experience with custom made exhausts please speak up.

Thanks.

Re: Custom Exhaust setup on ecotec...
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:07 PM
It will be cheaper to get one custom made.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:15 PM
I have a picture of the exhaust but i dont know how to get it to show up on this thread. I can tell you just by looking at it that the axle back section comes VERY close to the section a kit made for my car would mount, so at best, that would need to be cut a re-welded to match up.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:29 PM
There was a post like this awhile back and they said it would be, I hate to use the term hard, difficult because of the twists and whatnot.

I agree, a custom job will be cheaper. And your car won't sound like the SRT with it on either, as that exhaust is specifically meant for that car with the turbo.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:37 PM
Understood. Thanks alot for all the help.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search