interceptor - yes dont kill me yet - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
interceptor - yes dont kill me yet
Monday, January 16, 2006 10:01 PM
i know this has been brought up 1,000's of times but I searched and the question that I need answering I couldnt find.
I was thinking about buying an auto trans interceptor but does this really make your car faster? And if so how much would it take off of my 1/4 time if you had to guess?
Thanks guys

Re: interceptor - yes dont kill me yet
Monday, January 16, 2006 10:03 PM
all it does is make your car shift quicker, which well i like. It is probably good for like .1 off your quater mile. If you really want an improvamnt get a larger torque stall converter that will help you more than anything ,
Monday, January 16, 2006 10:09 PM
yeah but install on that is alot tougher, and it costs more
Monday, January 16, 2006 11:10 PM
Brett Dixon wrote:yeah but install on that is alot tougher, and it costs more

You get what you pay for, bro. The Autotrans is nice and firms up the shifts, some have experienced faster times (maybe .1 seconds faster) but nothing incredibly noticeable (from what I've seen). You may also help save the life of your clutch; with increased fluid pressure the clutch won't slip as much as at a factory setting.

Blown.
Monday, January 16, 2006 11:15 PM

Alot tougher? Wha?

That thing is super easy to install. 5 minutes tops to unplug the cable and stick the interceptor in between. You're getting it confussed with the Shift Plus...the shift plus you would have to splice wires and run a wire inside the cabin to get it to work. Not fun, not really all that easy and more perceptive to problems if you don't do it right.

If you can't plug in something, you got problems lol

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:14 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

Alot tougher? Wha?

That thing is super easy to install. 5 minutes tops to unplug the cable and stick the interceptor in between. You're getting it confussed with the Shift Plus...the shift plus you would have to splice wires and run a wire inside the cabin to get it to work. Not fun, not really all that easy and more perceptive to problems if you don't do it right.

i think they were reffering to the stall converter thats harder to install but its all good NJHK you must have read it wrong

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:49 AM
you prob couldnt find it cause your in the wrong fourm

there is a trans fourm , and the answer will be there

i hated the auto trans i had after awhile , it never shifted the same way twice , unless you had it cranked all the way up

ive got the shift plus now , and have been alot happier , and it always shifts the same

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:12 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]you prob couldnt find it cause your in the wrong fourm

there is a trans fourm , and the answer will be there

i hated the auto trans i had after awhile , it never shifted the same way twice , unless you had it cranked all the way up

ive got the shift plus now , and have been alot happier , and it always shifts the same

i noticed that too...my car never seems to shift at the same rpm ever...

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:18 AM
gmanz24_cavy wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

Alot tougher? Wha?

i think they were reffering to the stall converter thats harder to install but its all good NJHK you must have read it wrong

Thanks for pointing that out...I hate when I misread.

I apologize to Brett then.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:38 PM
if u can still get on for cheap go for it...i got mine for $50 off ebay...id never pay 120 for it though...it will decrease ur 1/4 mile time too...or so the claim
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search