this oil pump for 2200? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
this oil pump for 2200?
Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:57 AM
CLICK ME!

Will this oil pump be a good upgrade for a mild 2200? just wondering if it would flow to much. I know the 93 oil pump had move volume but this one says 25% more over the oem 93 pump

Re: this oil pump for 2200?
Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:28 AM
The regular M98 is plenty for a mild 2200, the M98HV would be overkill. Also, remember that it takes away more of your power to pump more oil. Oil pumps, just like everything else, have a give and take relationship. I originally bought a HV unit for my build, but I'm switching to the regular. I don't think anyone would recommend the HV unless you were running some serious spring pressures and/or revving your engine 7000+.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^ Exactly.

I'm using the standard M98 on mine, with bearing clearance on the loose side of spec, but thats why I'm running that pump. When hot, running synthetic 10W-30 and the K&N performance gold filter, @ 3K rpm, I have about 54 psi oil pressure. In cooler weather, with the engine warmed up I get about 56-58 psi and in when the engine is cold, I'm pegged at 80 psi (max for that pump). Max with a stock pump is supposed to be 56 psi, warm and 64 psi cold.

BTW, I picked up about 4psi after I started using the K&N filter, as opposed to the Fram heavy duty filter I was using before and it has the same micron level of filtration.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:49 PM
great, thanx fellas...I think im back in the game

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search