tell me what you think! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tell me what you think!
Saturday, January 14, 2006 4:54 PM
hey guys i finally broke down and got exhaust, well, im gettin it soon

i figured id let the supercharger breathe a lil too

ok here is my setup

pacesetter armor coated header----magnaflow hi flow cat-------flowmaster resonator---------flowmaster super 40 muffler-----stock z24 muffler tip and 2.25 all in between

i may change the tip up once i get my type J kit on for the spring, but we shall see, i love the stock look

and has anyone used the flowmast hush resonators? they seem to be high quality

thanks boys and girl

Re: tell me what you think!
Saturday, January 14, 2006 5:29 PM
For a boosted motor, a 2.5 inch exhaust will provide slightly better performance than the 2.25, but for what you're doing you should be fine. Anything is better than stock. The resonator is more of a preferance, some like the sound they hgive, but I don't even use one. The header is something I've heard mixed opinions about, but for the most part people will tell you the header is good quality, and I intend to use one on my LN2 in the spring. Just stay away from their exhaust kit. They're not that great. I use the high-flow cat, and I don't have any problems, but some complain about them throwing codes from the secondary O2 sensor. If it's a problem for you, look into the manual O2 Sim mod. It seems to work. The Flowmaster muffler is a good choice for the money, but since you're using a 2.25" midpipe, you might find that a straight through race muffler might be a better choice. For sleeper value though, you've done pretty well. Especially with stock style tips.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:37 PM
Yup, 2.5" or 3" is best for boost.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:55 PM
i agree but here is my perdicament, the downpipe from the header is 2.25 if i remember, cat is 2.25 in and out, same with resonator, muffler

so my exhaust is only as big as its smallest opening, which is 2.25, so why change my pipe size

Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:21 AM
am i thinking right?!

Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:19 AM
navycav3 wrote:am i thinking right?!

You are thinking correctly but it would make a slight difference.

By the way, the B Pipe on the Pacesetters I beleive are 2 1/2"...so what you're upgrading to is more suitable for a supercharged application.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search