borla lowered? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
borla lowered?
Saturday, January 14, 2006 7:39 AM
i have a 2004 cavalier with a borla catback on the way. i've just read that the system does not fit right on a lowered car.

has anyone else had this problem? has anyone had this problem with any other system.

it seems like if the stock system is fine lowered, and the borla should fit at stock height, the borla should fit lowered.

if anyone has any experience with this let me know, thanks again.

Re: borla lowered?
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:04 AM
look for a post from him - they call me baby gorilla

he had it on his cav , they way borla built the system , they put in alot of unnecessary bends , but made the part that goes over the axle some what flat , and when droped it gets in the way

ive got his borla now , and on my stock height 97 its kinda close but doesnt hit any where

also my 97 was freakin loud , and now its almost stock quiet with a agressive tone when reved , ive got a dc sport header and no cat

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:11 AM
Yeah, that was me with the system. I was really disappointed that it wouldn't fit right. But at least it worked out for Eric. And yeah, that little section was a little flat. If they had bent it just a bit more it would have been fine.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:43 AM
HOw did you get a Borla system?
-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:46 AM
there is some on ebay , or atleast there was

Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:49 PM
LMPerformance.com said they had like 5 left in stock. baby gorilla, if i got the system to midas or something, would they be able to bend the section a slight bit to get it to fit? thanks again, everyone's imput is extremely appreciated. i was really looking forward to having this system installed, hopefully it will work out.

thanks again to anyone who can give me some advice.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:06 PM
Ok thanks for the tip.
I won'der if its the 2" system though.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:34 PM
no problem, they were the first place i found that still had the system, and they just happened to be the cheapest around also.

if anybody has any idea if they think a shop would be able to bend it enough to get it to work, that would be great. thanks again everyone, all your help and advice is appreciated.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:51 PM
baby gorilla, or anyone else with the problem, is the flat part over the axle so bad that it makes it impossible for a shop to make more of a bend? or did i just buy a useless system? im hoping mine will fit, if anyone at all has any experience with this(either having the system fit, or not) your imput would be most greatly appreciated.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:04 PM
yes it is 2" , as for the fit over the axle even on mine being stock height its pretty close

borla put t many odd angles in the system except where needed

as far as getting it bent , the section that goes over the axle will have to be cut out and a new piece added in , which wont be stainless

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:00 AM
this is kinda crummy though, because for over a year since i've been here, i've heard everyone reccomending the borla catback, but as soon as i buy it, i learn it wont even fit in my car.

i guess i'll just see whenever it comes in, hopefully i'll get lucky and i'll be able to get it to work out.

if anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to speak up. thanks again to everyone that's already responded, all opinions are greatly appreciated.

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:27 AM
I bought a Magnaflow setup and it doesn't fit right. It used to hang 6" or so from the ground, I messed with it a bit and made it better, now the mufflers are crooked. Gotta have it welded.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search