Ecotec Cam Swappers In Here..... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Cam Swappers In Here.....
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:13 AM
Since I had done my cams so many times I had bought a tool "Kentmore Ecotec Cam gear Holding Tool" which basically allows any idiot to swap cams there is NO possible way of skipping links/teeth. I am willing to let people "Rent" it from me only because I paid half cost at $250 bucks and they are over 400 through a deal or $399 directly through kentmore.

if anyone is interested let me know in a PM or post here, I can also post pictures if need be...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Ecotec Cam Swappers In Here.....
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:14 AM
btw with this tool it would take an experienced person MAYBE 45 minutes to do the swap... as opposed to a few hrs without this and the risk of wrong timing..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:50 PM
post pics please.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:07 PM
as requested

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:38 PM
400 bucks for this little thing ? I'm no pro but wouldn't it be easy to reproduce for like 40 $ with the right tools ? I must be missing something.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:53 PM
you should just make your own copy and sell them here and on ebay!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:15 PM
DanteMustDie wrote: 400 bucks for this little thing ? I'm no pro but wouldn't it be easy to reproduce for like 40 $ with the right tools ? I must be missing something.

probly not considering the strength this thing needs to keep the tension in the chain at all times, one slip and the chain could skip and not knowing could cost you a lot more..

of course it wqas 379.99 I exaggerated byt that was with no dealers license off the street person ordering from kentmoore...

through the dealership which I paid dealership cost it was like 227 or 237 I have the receipt somewhere in my room. I got it like 19 months ago or something... rigth after the first time we did my cams, because, we screwed up LOL

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:18 PM
Now, be easy on me cuz I am not THAT knowledgable about cams but how exactly does that work?

Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:20 PM
bolts to the head and the arms that come out go through the holes in the cam gears and then you unbolt the cams and use a rubber mallet to knock the gears onto the holder all the way, and the cams pop out

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:28 PM
id like to think i wont have to do any cam work anytime soon but id definitely be interested cause i know how much easier that would make it i think i can get it done in about 3-4 hrs right now so that thing would be great haha

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:06 PM
yeah IF you dont skip a chain then you're looking at a lot longer

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, January 13, 2006 9:34 AM
i loved that tool..thanks phil

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.63@87.86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search