Vibrant exhaust question??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vibrant exhaust question???
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:45 PM
i just ordered the single stainlgess catback by Vibrant from Gravana. I know its from Canada. Is is streetlegal and california emissions legal? I mean if I put it on and my car needs to get smogged will it pass? my car is a 2003 LS sport Cav with a K&N replacement filter, stock. Please let me know.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com

Re: Vibrant exhaust question???
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:13 PM
It won't affect the emissions at all, just the noise level, if you want to call it that. The Vibrant system is a nice piece from what I've heard. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:25 PM
Besides the vibrant exhaust, has anyone had experience with the RK sport single cat-back or the Pacesetter monza single cat-back. thanks.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:54 PM
I had the RK Sport singe-exit at one point. It needs a resonator, but other than that its a decent system. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Pacesetter system.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:26 PM
I have a vibrant catback and i love the sound (personnally, maybe some don't) as for the emission I don't think it won't affect it...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:32 PM
cat backs do not effect emissions , unless there is a obvious leak , and they ae doing a sniffer test

i know magnaflow does DB testing , and borla did (they dont offer anything for us anymore)

i dont think any one else does , but it has to be less than 95 db in cali

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:59 PM
Note to myself : read the text I just wrote before posting (Please replace the won't by will)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:53 PM
Pacesetter cat-back sucks the big one. I have it. I wish I didn't have it. Soon I won't have it. That's all.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:01 PM
Problems with the Pace?

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:13 PM
Yeah the pacesetter catbacks normally have problems. The Virbrant is a nice setup, I personaly have the rk single catback. I love it, but it does need a resonator tho.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:29 AM
Yes many problems with Pacesetter.

The method they used for hangers was brain-dead to say the least, as they allow the whole system to sway under the car more than any other system I've seen. Had a friend of mine drive my car after install and I followed in his Toyota just to see and hear things from the outside, and it seriously looked like the system was about to fall off the car at any moment. The sound is horrible to begin with, and if that weren't enough, it deteriorates VERY quickly. The black paint-like coating on the whole thing except for the shiny tip durned off completely in less than a week. The expanded ends of the senctions of pipe were VERY poorly expanded, and I had to do them ALL over again with an airgun and an expander bit to get the pipes to slide into eachother. The metal at the 3-bolt flange is very brittle, as it was crushed just as much as the collector gasket while tightening the bolts. Now that I have my DC Sports header with the race pipe (no cat.) the extra flow is causing the Pacesetter muffler to disintegrate before my eyes. That may or may not just be my mind playing tricks on me, but that's what I perceive. I have to bang one of the bends in the 2nd section of pipe back into shape, cuz it looked like they did a quick crush-bend. Most importantly, the performance was crap. Better than stock, but still the worst there is to be had.

You get no more than what you pay for, and I only paid $190. So in a world full of $500 and $600 exhaust systems, it's no surprise that I'm pissed at myself for making such a stupid purchase.

Get the Pacesetter armor coated header if you want good 4-1 top-end power, but don't get the Pacesetter cat-back even if you see it on eBay for $5.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:50 AM
Well for $5 I mean.....

Man that sucks about the catback.
Oh well.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search