why me why me - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
why me why me
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:32 PM
hey guys my name is travis i have a 92 z24 with a 3400SFI this is whats going on i keep frying my coil pack modual for some reason i changed it one day and it ran fine then i tryed to start it and it wouldnt start i scanned it and it came up a code 42 so i changed the modual again and AGAIN it died this time after about 10 sec, so i changed it again started and died everytime it starts it dies so i try to start it and it wont unless i changed the modual anyone have any ideas, im thinking a short ,wireing is not my strong point , o and another thing my RPMs go nuts when it runs for 10 sec, there is also a relay on my firewall that say ABS then i think its a 6 in roman numerals it keeps tickin constantly when i get in the car ( its not running ignition is on) the RMPs are a at zero ( where it should be) and every tick it jumps up and down up and down if someone can help me out that would be great

Thanks Travis

Re: why me why me
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:53 PM
have you replaced the crank sensor ??

they usually go out also , and cause no start issues

this shoulda been in maintenance also

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:20 PM
can a crank sensor cause it to fry coil pack moduals???
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:25 PM
3400sfi wrote:can a crank sensor cause it to fry coil pack moduals???

the crank angle sensor is the initial stages of ignition, then the ICM tells the coils to fire basically

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:07 PM
basicly if you have a problem from time to time , the crank sensor can work and not work

which in turn causes the ign module not to work also

which means the car doesnt start

the tech i used to work under when i was learning , he told the 2.8 and 3.1's have alot of problems with the crank and ign modules and he said if you replace 1 you replace the other , it will save alot of people coming back again

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:39 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]
the tech i used to work under when i was learning , he told the 2.8 and 3.1's have alot of problems with the crank and ign modules and he said if you replace 1 you replace the other , it will save alot of people coming back again

always loved those kind of Tech's........ just throw parts at it, till it runs

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:01 PM
i heard they had problems with moisture bu dont quote me on that...

I Drank 750 Bottles Of Mountain Dew For A XBOX 360.... AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID HAT.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:30 PM
change the crank sensor
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:04 PM
ok im gonna go pick one up tonight change that and the modual thanks for all your help

Travis
Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:34 PM
well i changed it, and again it died i got another modual changed it too tighted some wires and it still keep frying the modual im getting really sick of this and i dont know what else to do
Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:09 PM
Have you asked at all on 60degv6.com? Or domesticcrew? You might even be able to search both the sites and find some info.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:45 PM
im trying google right now getting close but yah i'll try that too thanks man
Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:53 AM
so it ended up being the computer im gonna put a day perment on it , see if its to good to be true

thanks for ur guys's input
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search