Is pace setter any good? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is pace setter any good?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:27 AM
Is pace setter any good? Im refering to the exhaust company, they have rather cheap prices on performance exhausts.

Re: Is pace setter any good?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:45 AM
Well I have their header for the ECOTEC and I love it. I've never heard anything bad
about them.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:48 AM
i have the header also and i love it, not sure about the cat back tho.

If it doesnt break then you didnt drive it hard enough!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:21 AM
I had a 2200 Header before turbo .... it was great.... i didn't even get the armour coated one .... just the crappy black one ..... and it was great..... I noticed a large difference with the pacesetter header...

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:24 AM
Their headers are good, but their cat-back is supposed to rust out, and not sound as good as other exhausts I've heard from people who have bought them.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:32 AM
Their a decent company who might of had an slightly bad rep in the past but has changed their ways currently. Plenty of people here have headers from Pacesetter and they like them and had no issues with them whatsoever.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:17 AM
co williams wrote:Is pace setter any good? Im refering to the exhaust company, they have rather cheap prices on performance exhausts.

We are running a Group Purchase right now check it out in the GP forum. Lowest prices you will find.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:12 PM
Pacesetter makes good headers, when ceramic coated. Their catbacks are pieces of crap. Their non-coated headers are... almost as much crap.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:57 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:Pacesetter makes good headers, when ceramic coated. Their catbacks are pieces of crap. Their non-coated headers are... almost as much crap.

That is completely true. My pacesetter cat-back is the biggest pice of crap ever! GRR that thing pisses me off so much. It's so bad it's actually EMBARRASSING when other people hear it! Power gains are hardly stellar either. I would seriously put my stock exhaust back on of I hadn't chopped it all up during removal.

Can't comment on the Pacesetter header though, I went right for the DC Sports RACE header

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:14 PM
LD9 Fury! wrote:
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:Pacesetter makes good headers, when ceramic coated. Their catbacks are pieces of crap. Their non-coated headers are... almost as much crap.

That is completely true. My pacesetter cat-back is the biggest pice of crap ever! GRR that thing pisses me off so much. It's so bad it's actually EMBARRASSING when other people hear it! Power gains are hardly stellar either. I would seriously put my stock exhaust back on of I hadn't chopped it all up during removal.

Can't comment on the Pacesetter header though, I went right for the DC Sports RACE header

a resonator is your friend

several guys here with them have no real complaints , but they did add resonators to them

and the 1 that had some fit issues was rear ended hard and hasnt been fixed yet

just curious if you got your dc header yet ? and got it put on ?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:24 PM
I've seen that they have quality ceramic coated headers but have heard more than a few stories of their cat-backs rusting. I'd go with either a custom-bent setup that you can put together yourself or buy a premade exhaust from Magnaflow or Borla.

Blown.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:11 PM
IMO custom bent is the way to go. because i had it done like i wanted it.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:29 PM
Quote:

SLO2pt2 :
I have the ceramic coated header and ther catback i am also running a resognator

No offense but I am yet to hear a 2.2 sound as good I LOVE IT

I do have 2 issues with it though
the header is causing a slow to respond O2 code (eazy fiz i need to grind down the O2 bung to allow it more into the stream of air)

the other issue it eh piping over the rear trailing arm rubbs a bit when ther is extra weight int he car. (i can get that pipe redone) not worth it since it only happens when there is 2 adults or more in the car.

-- MyZcar

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:17 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:IMO custom bent is the way to go. because i had it done like i wanted it.

Geeze your good stuff Spotabee

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:34 PM
the painted headers are good and soo are there cat backs
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:42 PM
Pat Cammisuli wrote:the painted headers are good and soo are there cat backs

Good joke.

I have the PS armor coated header for the ecotec. I like it and no problems here. Its been on the car for about 4 months and 5000+ miles and still looks new.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:26 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]just curious if you got your dc header yet ? and got it put on ?

Actually it just arrived today. It's beautiful. A shame such a pretty component like that gets one of the worst jobs of all my other bolt-ons

Waiting for Saturday to put it on because i work 12-9pm weekdays, and I'm sure as hell not doing it in the morning right before work in case something goes wrong and the car's out of commission.

I'll update on how I like it once I get it installed and take it for a pull on the butt-dyno.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:41 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:
Pat Cammisuli wrote:the painted headers are good and soo are there cat backs

Good joke.

Werd. Painted headers are the devil

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search