Quick Swap Question... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick Swap Question...
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:00 PM
I'll explain this the best I can..

I plan to do a Eco Swap next summer. So when I do I'll have the OHV I swapped out just lying around. So I plan to use that OHV and put it into my other Cavy thats sitting in front of my yard broke.

So my main question is...
Anything special I need to do for the swap(Swapping out a 98 OHV and putting in a 02 OHV) Just the Engine Harness or what? sorry I searched but didnt find anyhing....

--------------------------------------------------------------
2002 Cavalier LS Sport Sedan (RIP)
2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD
Fatalthoughtz (Xbox Live & PSN Tag)

Re: Quick Swap Question...
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:09 PM
Transmissions are different and the 02 OHV doesn't have EGR, but other than that...

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:35 AM
I see, thanks for the info!

--------------------------------------------------------------
2002 Cavalier LS Sport Sedan (RIP)
2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD
Fatalthoughtz (Xbox Live & PSN Tag)
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:39 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:Transmissions are different and the 02 OHV doesn't have EGR, but other than that...

That will not matter. Since he is taking this motor out of his currently running car, he will have the ECU and wiring harness for that motor. At the same time he can swap a 02 OHV into his 98 car. We put a 01 OHV into a 97 OHV car. We only had to hard wire the injector harness. Car ran great until the ECU took a dump. We currently have a 98 3 speed auto ECU running a 5 speed car.
Short answer yes this swap can be done and easy one at that.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:21 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:Transmissions are different and the 02 OHV doesn't have EGR, but other than that...

That will not matter. Since he is taking this motor out of his currently running car, he will have the ECU and wiring harness for that motor. At the same time he can swap a 02 OHV into his 98 car. We put a 01 OHV into a 97 OHV car. We only had to hard wire the injector harness. Car ran great until the ECU took a dump. We currently have a 98 3 speed auto ECU running a 5 speed car.
Short answer yes this swap can be done and easy one at that.

Well my post simply outlined to him the differences in the motor that needed to be addressed when swapping. I'm well aware of the fact that the swap is easy.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search