Tranny swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny swap
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:39 PM
Hey guys i just wanted to know if any one knew if the transmision mounts on manual and automatic 2.4 were the same because i am planning on a tranny conversion soon and needed to see if it will take any body modification

Re: Tranny swap
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:45 PM
Go look at the sticky at the top of the transmission forum. They will probably have it or a link to it.
Monday, December 12, 2005 7:21 PM
The mounts are different.

this is my sig
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:49 PM
yeah way diffrent

yo that swap isn't easy i just got done doing that swap

that pedal is a pain and welding those new motor mounts is a pain

my fuel lines were diffrent because i went with the ecotec but you wont have that problem

seriously this swap is a pain the neck plain and simple i don't adivse any one doing it unless you know what your doing

go buy a stickshift
Monday, December 12, 2005 9:53 PM
yes pedals are a pain, getting the linkage right is tricky and of course you need to be good at welding to get the different mounts in. but while you have the mounts apart, go ahead and get the solid tranny mount inserts from CarCustoms

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:42 PM
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. That swap was easy. I got everything I needed from a junkyard car. The hardest thing I ran into was putting in the new gas/brake pedal assembly because I didn't really feel like pulling the dash apart. Just be sure to measure. MEASURE EVERYTHING BEFORE CUTTING!!!! After all was said and done, we picked the trans up and it slid perfectly into its now mounts.

Boosted 97 2.2L 5 Speed
Boosted 3.4L soon to come
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search