Ecotec uppper motor mount...two questions... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec uppper motor mount...two questions...
Monday, December 12, 2005 9:41 PM
i bought my brother a new ecotec upper motor mount for christmas...hes got an 05 cavy...i have a 97 that i installed the upper mount in myself...can i install this in his too?...is it as easy as it is on the 2.4ld9? If anyone has directions on how to do so with pics...etc i d be grateful...i searched couldnt find much....also i payed $20 or so for mine, his i payed $88...(used) just curious if that was a good price....thanks for the input...

Sincerely,
Convfire97

Re: Ecotec uppper motor mount...two questions...
Monday, December 12, 2005 9:43 PM
Good price yes and as you know its the whole mount, not an insert. Probaly not as easy as the insert but not hard, go for it.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, December 12, 2005 9:52 PM
The eco mounts and the other 3rd gen mounts are different.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:12 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:Good price yes and as you know its the whole mount, not an insert. Probaly not as easy as the insert but not hard, go for it.

What he said.

It's really not that hard. You would have to use something to support the engine underneath, like a heavy duty car jack. Undo the mount, install the new mount, vuala!

I would use 2 people for this job though. 1 person to install the mount and 1 person to watch the jack cause it might start to slowly go down and they would just jack it back up some more.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:06 AM
Thanks guys...but does anyone have any detailed directions???...i got my directions from www.teamforwardmotion.com....for my LD9 back in the day...but they dont have anything for the ecotec?...Since its not my car..i don wanna mess anything up so i would feel more confident with exact directions..thats all....Thanks in advance you guys/gals you are the best
Sincerely,
JZ
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:15 AM
jz wrote:Thanks guys...but does anyone have any detailed directions???...i got my directions from www.teamforwardmotion.com....for my LD9 back in the day...but they dont have anything for the ecotec?...Since its not my car..i don wanna mess anything up so i would feel more confident with exact directions..thats all....Thanks in advance you guys/gals you are the best
Sincerely,
JZ

Pretty much what I wrote above is exactly what you'll have to do. It really isn't hard. You'll need basic tools and I believe a torque wrench.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:46 PM
there is liek one bolt for a bracket for the A/C line, surport the engine with a jack WITH a wooen block on it to the oil pan, and its 2 bolts, there really aren't any more detailed instuctions, its extremely basic

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:09 PM
if you did the older mount and thought it was easy

then prepair your self

the eco mount is 10 times easier to change , pretty much you remove stock mount , intall new mount , its that easy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search