Saab 2.0 Swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab 2.0 Swap
Monday, December 12, 2005 12:19 PM
I have heard of this being done before. A 93+ Saab 2.0 Turbo engine can be dropped into a Sunfire. I cannot find any documentation online or in this website for the life of me.

I am currently researching the topic and was wondering if anyone knows of a source or documentation of this swap?

Got american muscle in my arms and under my hood

Re: Saab 2.0 Swap
Monday, December 12, 2005 12:51 PM
boost fourm

you outta go hang out with the NEWBIES

LOL

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:26 PM
Well I figured since it was a performance upgrade, it would fit the category. If this would fare better in Boost, can a moderator please move this?

Also, I believe that research is a key ingredient to doing something properly. Since your post offered so much content and help, I will just assume you know little about the actual subject at hand.

Google is not turning up anything in-depth or credible. Any help?

Got american muscle in my arms and under my hood
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:40 PM
its not worth doing......believe me.

its better to swap in an eco and then use the turbo stuff on the eco. again i know for personal fact.

but if you are dead set on doin it you will need.

1. saab 2.0 engine
2. getrag 5 speed for the cavy
3. the oil pan off a 2.2 eco, for the lower engine mount holes.
4. you need to drill and tap the manifold for a couple of things
a. one throttle body hole needs to be redrilled and tapped
b. you need a lare hole drilled for the vacuum booster(brakes)
c. misc vacuum holes plugged.
d. or you can use teh plastic manifold off a 2.2 eco. if you dont wanna do all teh work with the metal one off the saab.
5. You need to figure a way for the comp to control the ignition...it has coil on plug and the 2.2 eco comp cant handle it. you cannot switch valvecovers and ignition coil because they are not interchangable, with soe work it is possible.
6. figure out if the sensors are in the right places soem are some arent so you willl need to make extensions to the factory harness,
you will need to find a way to hook the oil cooler into a cooolant system.

ALL OF THIS IS IF YOU HAVE AN ECO IN YOUR CAR ALREADY....IF NOT GOD HELP YOU.

As far as i knwo i am the only one to have had a 2.0 eco in my car, but it was taken out and parted due to the head was destroyed,

It is far easier to swap in the eco and use the parts on the eco.
brandonson has done it using the parts off the motor i parted out. and has a post on it in the boost forum
he is runnign intercooled 6 psi and he ran a 13.86.

the 2.2 eco will have more hp due to the higher displacement..
Hope it helped if you have more questions hit me up on aim if your lucky enough to catch em online.

i apologize for the spelling im at work and have to type fast and the keyboard is gay

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:18 PM
ill give ya a free viewing

but had you searched the boost fourm , you might have found the answers before you needed to ask

as justin said above (as he and brandoson her refers to both live here)

its best to use the 2.2 eco and put the saab turbo parts on to the 2.2 , its alot easier to get 2.2 parts to fit the J's

also had you put this in the right fourm , i might have given you some answers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search