2.2 OHV EGR Sim - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 OHV EGR Sim
Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:45 AM
I ran into a few problems when putting my 2.2 back together after finishing up my head job. And long story short, I need an EGR sim for now. Eventually I'll do a block-off plate, but I just need the CEL gone. I have the sensor plugged into the EGR Vacum solenoid on the upper plenum, but no vacum lines running from the solenoid or the EGR valve itself because they broke. And naturally, it's throwing a code from EGR. So I just want to get rid of the CEL for now until I have time and money for a full block plate and of course the EGR sim anyways. I searched on Caspers electronics but no luck. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Re: 2.2 OHV EGR Sim
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:19 AM
I would pick up a short section of vacuum hose and replace the broken one. Its the cheapest way out. It would get you by until you've saved up for the entire project. (I think I understand what your plans are anyways, but I may be wrong.)

Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:50 AM
James Cahill wrote:I would pick up a short section of vacuum hose and replace the broken one. Its the cheapest way out. It would get you by until you've saved up for the entire project. (I think I understand what your plans are anyways, but I may be wrong.)

Negatory on that one. The vacum lines on the 95-97 2.2 are plastic. Once they break, they are broken and cannot be replaced without replacing the entire black piece that clips on to the top of the throttle body. The vacum lines are molded into that piece.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 2:07 PM
Yes they can. The vacuum manifold is the same on 2nd gens. I've replaced two or three of them by drilling out the port and inserting a short section hard line with either epoxy or RTV and then hooking the rubber line to that. I repaired the FPR line on the side of I70 somewhere in Illinois with a pocket knife and super glue.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:58 PM
^ Go Migiver....

Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:32 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:I ran into a few problems when putting my 2.2 back together after finishing up my head job. And long story short, I need an EGR sim for now. Eventually I'll do a block-off plate, but I just need the CEL gone. I have the sensor plugged into the EGR Vacum solenoid on the upper plenum, but no vacum lines running from the solenoid or the EGR valve itself because they broke. And naturally, it's throwing a code from EGR. So I just want to get rid of the CEL for now until I have time and money for a full block plate and of course the EGR sim anyways. I searched on Caspers electronics but no luck. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

So it goesn't help when I don't have any of the broken or missing lines anyways...

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:41 AM
I suppose I should just go ahead and pass beyond fixing it. I don't want it fixed. I want EGR and all its pointlessness completely bypassed. If my memory serves me right, a lot of the OHV and LD9 wiring harnesses are very similar. I wonder I could somehow use the EGR Sim for an LD9 on the OHV.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:29 PM
where can you get an EGR sim at for the 2.2s? This might of already been asked....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:52 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:where can you get an EGR sim at for the 2.2s? This might of already been asked....

That is my question. I searched but everytime someone asked it, it was never answered

Monday, December 12, 2005 2:25 PM
I thought you wanted to fix it for now and then remove the EGR later. My bad.

Take a good look at the 2.4 vs 2.2 ECM wiring harness and what the ECM reads for the EGR system. I've never looked at how an EGR sim works (since I've never needed one) so I have no idea what it requires (electronics wise).

I've never even heard of a 2.2 EGR sim, and I try to keep my ear to the ground with all the 2.2 parts out there.

Monday, December 12, 2005 3:52 PM
well whats up with the block off plate? like what is that supposed to accomplish performence wise?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:01 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:well whats up with the block off plate? like what is that supposed to accomplish performence wise?

EGR is useless and it's a waste of energy basically. I'm getting horrible MPG with my malfunctioning EGR system as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search