03-05 Cavalier Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 Cavalier Intake
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:53 PM
Hello Everyone.

I tried searching to find a comparison for all the available intakes for the 03 ecotec in the cavalier.

I am interested in a short ram, because i would rather not have to deal with the issues of a CAI. What are the available short rams, and which is the best fit and quality?

My top concern is fit and quality. I see the K&N looks pretty good, but I havent been able to find another quality short ram. I dont want the weapon-R, because i said quality.

Is there anything else out there? AEM doesnt make a short ram for this app?

Thanks in advance.

Re: 03-05 Cavalier Intake
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:59 PM
all the intakes on the market are basically the same. just a pipe and filter. you can even get one of those $40 intakes you see on ebay.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:56 PM
99redz24 wrote:all the intakes on the market are basically the same. just a pipe and filter. you can even get one of those $40 intakes you see on ebay.

Pretty much what he said.

I personally have an Weapon-R intake and I like it. If you want to purchase one, buy one at www.definedparts.com.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:15 PM
I saw a dyno chart that said AEM's cold air made a 8.6 whp gain and a 7.9 ftlbs. torque gain. I got my CAI at 9secondracing.com for $225.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:19 PM
dario wrote:I saw a dyno chart that said AEM's cold air made a 8.6 whp gain and a 7.9 ftlbs. torque gain. I got my CAI at 9secondracing.com for $225.

Don't EVER listen to dyno charts. Most of the time they don't use the same motor or car and even if they did, there is no garauntee that you will gain that amount. Someone could gain 8 HP, someone else could gain 5 HP and be on the same motor...each application is different.

Just had to give that little side note...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:11 PM
HAHAHAHA I LOVE YOUR SIG HAHAHAHAHA

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:16 PM
I had an AEM when I had the cavy. I loved it. In my personal opinion its the best intake on the market.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:17 PM
injen also makes a short ram, I have the k&n wai. Great quality and fit. Ive also heard good things about rksport and weapon r. Ive heard that some weapon r's hit the hood but i dont know.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:15 AM
STAY AWAY FROM THE INJEN !!! It only fits if your car is a 5spd with NO abs. I don't care what the specs say. This is the one I bought and it DOES NOT fit with the abs modual. I needed to bend the moduals mounting bracket and make a new mounting brace for the intake for where it bolts to the head. The only good thing about the intake is the design of the piece that mounts to the TB. Other then that unless you don't mind haveing to mod the intake I'd recomend AGAINST the INJEN.

Listen to how these other guys say theirs fits. I was quite disapointed with the INJEN.

Oh, and yes I did contact them and they told me ther were aware of a fitment issue but as of this past summer they didn't have a plan to fix it. When I asked them why they would sell something they know doesn't fit I was told " Please hold " And after a couple minutes the line went dead. BAAAAAD customer service!! If I knew then what I know now I would have never bought it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:13 AM
Is there a chance that any of these intaks have a plastic intake tube? The RKSport intake seems to be plastic on the website, but I can only find a generic picture. One of my top priorities of the kit is that its entire construction from the TB to the filter is plastic, much like some of the K&N series systems.
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:20 AM
My spectre and the Rksport as well as Iceman has plastic intake tubes.

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:39 AM
I'd recomend everythign except the weapon r

Monday, December 12, 2005 5:30 PM
Hehe, the AEM was worth it just because the install was fun

That and it sounds facking awesome.

Monday, December 12, 2005 8:17 PM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
That and it sounds facking awesome.

X2

I love my AEM intake!!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:32 AM
Jackalope is right....don't go INJEN if you have ABS...I bought a Black finish Injen intake, very very nice, but it didn't fit....luckily they gave me full refund.....got with K&N Typhoon...excellent fit, awsome sound and lifetime filter...my opinion

CaviFL45

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:32 PM
I'm looking to buy an intake and I found a guy not too far from me that will sell me his Injen intake. I know you guys are advising against Injen because they aren't fitting... but I have the 02 LS Sport... is there any difference between the 02 and 03? I see that this post is "03-05 intake". Will the Injen WAI fit my car? There is a picture of the intake on this guys car in this video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=5FE3A239-413F-4DE2-A2DD-94222419650F

He has an 03 Grand Am with the 2.2l Eco engine.

==================

"An okay movie is the same as an ex girlfriend...it was good at the time,
but you never want to see it again... especially if the movie was a bitch."
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:46 AM
@!#$ty music. lol. But i kinda liked the video. It would be cool if everyone made a video like that for there car.

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:36 AM
Well you at least have a 5spd but it doesn't say in your reg. does it have ABS? If so then
NO it will not fit unless you mod it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:41 AM
Spectre makes good cheap parts for custom intakes.
click here
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:51 AM
yes i have ABS so I'm not going to buy it, I guess I just needed to know if there was an install differences between the 02's and 03's but it sounds like it's the same story, no fit.

thanks.

==================

"An okay movie is the same as an ex girlfriend...it was good at the time,
but you never want to see it again... especially if the movie was a bitch."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search