slight rattle - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
slight rattle
Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:27 AM
Well I've noticed something about my exhaust and searched up the word rattle in the search forums. didn't really turn out much and I'm kind of in a rut here.

Alright I have a custom catback. 25" glasspack. 14 inch muffler...

I get a little rattling if I make a quick rev and as the revs fall, it rattles a bit.

The muffler is mounted in the OE place and nothing is hung akwardly. and I can't really figure out where the slight rattle is coming from.

Any ideas? or should I just learn to live with it?

Re: slight rattle
Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:30 AM
man you can tell I was tired when I typed this... jesus christ the use of english.. must have edit button....

Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:19 AM
check for clearance over the back axle. sometimes when they make custom exhausts they bend it to go over but when the car is set on the ground it doesnt clear enough and may find a spot to touch and make that rattle that your hearing. when i had my cat back made up i had no problems but after i got my header and cat installed ive been having problems with my exhaust sometimes buffing my back axle

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:30 AM
I'll go look at that in the morning. it was dark out when I noticed and my flashlight is kaput so I will give that a look.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:07 AM
check out your converter if its factory it could be rattling and time for a new one or it could just be the heat shield on top that is coming off
Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:39 PM
nah couldn't be the heatshield. it's the aftermarket one.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:49 PM
Did the shop remove the heat shield from the aftermarket cat? Cause that would be my first guess too.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:55 PM
actually. no they didn't and I just realized this. I'll see what I can do to fix this. I'm getting a header soon to finish off the entire exhaust so we'll see how it goes

Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:20 PM
i have that. sometime the pipe would shake against the rear axle or on the heat sheild

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, December 11, 2005 2:28 AM
it's very very slight but it's just one of those things that people get picky about. header should be on within a month or two so while the thing is hoisted I'll give it a look

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search