Built motors and light weight flys.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Built motors and light weight flys....
Friday, December 09, 2005 9:38 AM
As a few people know I have spun a rod bearing on my OHV and am currently building an N/A ohv motor with a spert more of giggle gas. Any way my question basicly pertains to guys who have built n/a motors or n/a motors with bolt ons, who has a light weight flywheel and do you regret getting it? I do plan on driving my car everyday untill i am finished with it and i buy a different car. Do you find it hard to drive in normal stop and go traffic? What about in winter with slick roads, does it stallevery once in a while?

My intentions include getting a mild cam underdrive pulleys and a spec 2 clutch with a spec flywheel.

Any input is greatly aprceiated.
Jeff

Re: Built motors and light weight flys....
Friday, December 09, 2005 11:18 AM
I am gonna give you the only answer you need. Disregard any other replies, lol.

THE 8LB ALUMINUM FIDANZA FLYWHEEL FOR OUR CARS DOES NOT AFFECT DAILY DRIVING.

I am no racecar driver, I dont compete at all...my car is just kinda my weekend warrior, for um...spirited driving...around town. Ive got the fidanza wheel, a stage 3 clutch, and a lightened crank pulley, and I have yet to stall out when driving around town. Even on hills with stoplights, curbs, whatever. It takes literally maybe 3 or 4 minutes of driving in your neighborhood to learn to slip it a bit (a tiny bit, at that) more than usual. trust me, my friend, purchase the item, you wont regret it. Hope it helps.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Friday, December 09, 2005 11:22 AM
Get the fidanza flywheel. It is the EXACT same thing as the Spec however you save about $75.
And i agree a light weight flywheel is not hard to drive on the street, even with a stage 3 clutch. Just takes a bit getting use to.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, December 09, 2005 11:32 AM
not hard at all i have a stage IIII and flywheel and no problems through traffic or on hills and there a few hills where i live. Plus if my wife can deal with you should be able to deal with it. She kind of likes it and she not really a car person she knows how to drive stick but she is not into fixing up cars but she likes it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, December 09, 2005 3:51 PM
I have an 11 pound flywheel and am actually looking for an 8 pound. Absolutely worth it. The only thing I noticed was the engine unloads a little quicker between shifts, but once you're used to it, you'll never look back. The time it takes to get the engine into the power band is way less and it doesn't make any more power, but I think most would agree it frees up a lot of what power the engine already makes.

"Wenn ich gehen lasse von, was ich ich bin, werden Sie, was ich bedeutet werde, um zu sein."
Friday, December 09, 2005 4:04 PM
The Fidanza flywheels are awesome. They are ALMOST borderline too light, but like said above, they don't have a negative effect on daily driving. I'd get it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, December 09, 2005 8:57 PM
So I wouldn't notice a difference with... say an 11lb one from RK, instead of a 7 lb one from fidanza?

If 7 is borderline too light, then 11 should be just right....(I couldn't resist)

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Friday, December 09, 2005 9:12 PM
RKSport last time i heard discontinued their flywheels. The fidanza is 8.5lbs and i think it is a perfect wait reduction.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:01 PM
Thanks for the input

Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:14 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:The Fidanza flywheels are awesome. They are ALMOST borderline too light, but like said above, they don't have a negative effect on daily driving. I'd get it.

yup

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:21 AM
clicky
7.75 pounds here, is that correct, and any opinons on this one.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:41 AM
i run the spec stage III clutch and rk sport flywheel, and its great for daily driving, i have no issues at all with it

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search