SIDE EXIT EXHAUST - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SIDE EXIT EXHAUST
Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:53 PM
Anyone got a side exit exhaust or know someone that has it on their car? I was going to get mine done like this when i get my car back on the road.

It would come out at an angle on both sides about like 1/2 inch to an inch with chrome tips.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Re: SIDE EXIT EXHAUST
Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:04 PM
Phil, QBE (Quick Boosted Ecotec) has one.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:13 PM
ive done it. easy easy easy to do. mine had no muffler...was loud as hell. after the cat, add a small resonator (20 inches total length, anymore wont fit), then bend a 90 deg pipe to exit before the rear tire. add a nice tip if you like.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:12 PM
I think side exit is REALLY trick
Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:20 PM
i forget who it was. he was from michigan and has a red cav, he has drift sides and used mustang side exhaust exhaust tips that came out the end of the side skirt, shape matched the shape of the drift sides, was REALLY nice.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:03 PM
i've got it on mine to with a 24" resonator and 14" catco cat love the sound

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:06 PM
Eliminate a couple bends in the pipe and probably save a few pounds too...

Hmmm I may have to do this.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:13 PM
as long as you put it through the sideskirt as pictured, and it isn't hanging all loosey-goosey under the rocker lookin all ghetto like a lot of people have done, i think it'll be hot. Side exit has to be done right, and be hung nice and tight and flow with the rest of the car, so you have the right idea

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:25 PM
There isn't much room under there.... not much hope for a muffler.

I've had side exit on two cars now... I hate it. It's too loud.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:34 PM
oh i wasnt even thinking about a muffler lol if i get pulled over for basically having an open exhaust bah oh well lol gotten many of muflfer tickets in the past haha but havent we all at some point?

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:45 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:There isn't much room under there.... not much hope for a muffler.

I've had side exit on two cars now... I hate it. It's too loud.

have you tried a REALLY huge resonator under there? that would act as a resonator (small) and muffler at the same time...

so far i;m up to fitting a 30 and 31 inch in addition to a cat converter. still have room for another 4-5 inches

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:53 PM
I have a 30 inch on mine. Still loud as hell, especially cold. highway driving really sucks, constant drone in my ear.

Could be more because that I have a convertible... little sound deadening with the top and windows down.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:59 PM
trooooooo true....

Friday, December 09, 2005 4:53 AM
if you do the side exhaust isnt it gonna be easier for cops to pull u over
Friday, December 09, 2005 4:59 AM
Pat Cammisuli wrote:if you do the side exhaust isnt it gonna be easier for cops to pull u over
I'm sorry but that made me laugh out loud.

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:15 AM
i've got my exhuast cut right after the cat right now, with the stock exhaust manifold and 2' smash bent. Let me tell you the less bends the better by far my 3rd gear pulls like hell, compared to it being kinda flat before compared to 2nd! im going side exit with a big resonator .

Shorter exhuast = top end

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:19 AM
I'm contemplating something wicked sounding and unique for the build, since that's kind of the theme I picked. But I will probably just do a 3" exhaust with another HKS muffler with the JDM up/side angle... or a dump...

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, December 09, 2005 7:24 AM
Pat Cammisuli wrote:if you do the side exhaust isnt it gonna be easier for cops to pull u over

Jeff Jackson wrote:I think side exit is REALLY trick
I'm sorry but that made me laugh out loud

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:25 AM
itll be really hard to get the exhaust out of both sides , since the gas tank takes up the room going out the passenger side

only car with side exhaust ive heard that sounded decent was karo's slowfire , all other sounded like ass , even a turbo doesnt help out much

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:33 AM
That is going to be loud. I can't even imagine i had a straight through exhaust and grew to hate it. Highways i couldn't wait to get to my destination it was horrible that drone in your ear for hours.

On another side not i don't think have seen a side exit exhaust on a j-body i like. No one as far as i know has done a custom job to have it come out the body kit and look nice.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:47 AM
I'm going to try mine hidden first with just an angled turndown before the skirt, then if that looks stupid I'm going through the skirt with a straight chrome tip.

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:55 AM
Check out my profile or my car domain link below I have a 3" side exit coming from the turbo with under the car pics and all in my cardomain....... just with a 24" res..... No cat or muffler.... sounds like a muscle car taking off.... then the SSSSSSSSSS comes through the exhaust....... all I get are Looks

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Friday, December 09, 2005 8:01 AM
I like what Dan did a lot.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/448390

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:41 AM
^ i like that too! do you know how big the piping is and how it sounds?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Friday, December 09, 2005 12:10 PM
wow man i really like yours... how much did that cost you? does your side skirt get like any carbon built up up it from the exhaust coming out there?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search