just bought header, got a few q's - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just bought header, got a few q's
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:15 PM
the egr valve thingy, will it affect my 01Z? and if it will, how could i fix that?

and could i use the hole that goes back to the header, just cut off the piping and seal off the egr valve side of it, would i be able to fit an egt gauge probe thingy in there? thanks

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Re: just bought header, got a few q's
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:27 PM
you won't have to worry about the egr thing at all since your car is an 01. it won't hurt performance either. as fas as an egt gauge it that hole I don't think you want it that close to the head and only in one primary. I would think that you would want it further down like on the the down pipe. I've never used an egt gauge before but I would think that it would give you a recommend place to put it.

View my MySpace
Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:02 AM
When is it coming Mat?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:34 AM
ok, so it should be coming tomorrow, should i go and get another gasket and use that instead of the one that comes in the kit? and should i just go ahead and get another exhuast gasket as well? thanks all

2000 Camaro V6.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:36 AM
duurrrr....lol

install probs on a 2.4 manual, anyone have a hard time putting it on? any tips? anything i might want to look out for? i know i have to be careful taking out the o2 sensor, but anything else? thanks again guys, will get pics when its done. its about time anyways, too many things went on in the past month or two to NOT post pics lol......just wait till next year......

2000 Camaro V6.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:04 AM
It was a tight fit but i would replace teh O2 sensors on your car bepending on the mileage i changed both while i was there. Another tip when you install it every 2-3 day for about 2 weeks go back and retighten the bolts with it being new and heat etc they need to be check and retighted..

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:09 AM
Mat there's nothing to worry about believe me lol. Its the simplest thing.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:31 AM
well @!#$ it came today lol....ill be back!! woo hoo!!

2000 Camaro V6.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:53 PM
muhahaha.......well its on, after 7 hours of @!#$ around with it, its on.....i love the sound when im in the car, but then i think about it and its kinda raspy, well not kinda, it IS raspy....but i like it lol.....and a very nice gain, i could def feel it, and i got a high flow cat also......

i had a cel after i started it up, shut it down as soon as it came on lol......found out that there was exhaust coming out of my egr hole in the front of the motor.....like it was smoking lol.....fixed it tho......the header i got was for a 99 or older, so it came with the egr hole for the exhaust in it and fed it to the header runner......so we came up with a fix, got a peice of exhaust tubing, made it flat, and got some gasket and blocked off the front egr port......runs great now.....still had the cel tho.....went to work for about 4 hours, came home and noticed it was off, so i was like f this, im goin out lol.....man it pulls hard now.....

just wanted to know if anyone had a similar prob on 00 and newer with the charger.....thanks all

2000 Camaro V6.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:21 PM
how much of a gain? what can i expect? more info man!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:27 PM
hmm lol, lets see here.....so low end tq was improved, more response now....top end feels great.....specialy with the charger man.....cant wait to drive it tomorrow lol......um anything else??

on a side note, did anyone run into the prob of the egr tube conflicting with the dipstick? cause i had to bend mine out a little for it to slide onto the bolts coming off the head?

2000 Camaro V6.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:35 PM
low end tq was improved you say? thats interesting.....i woulda thought it wouldve lost a little..... then again, we're supercharged

top end feels better? a lot better?

i wanna install mine now

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:19 PM
yea man, top end is awesome...like i said i havent really driven it HARD but got the feeling of it tonight....just gotta wait till tomorrow sometime and really get on it.....

2000 Camaro V6.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search