exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:14 PM
A guy I know has (sorry I dont know more) a header and aftermarket dual exhaust. It sounds good and is a bit loud, but my question pertains to the fact that when he lets off the gas it sounds like the exhaust is coming back on itself. kinda reminds me of a rally race car (if that helps) kinda like WWWAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAA PAh PAhPAhPAh PAh What would cause this? would it be the header like he said it was (I dont kno him well enough to trust him)

2001 chevy cavy z24... Aem intake fed by hood scoop.. and exhaust... hopefully more to come soon

Re: exhaust
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:15 PM
It's an automatic isn't it? And it has a cat. Tell him to get a resonator.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:29 PM
Sounds like it's an manual. It's making that sound because he is revving high and letting the RPMs whind down which is why it pops like that. With an automatic, when you let off it will immediately get quiet. Also the sound depends on if he has resonators or what kind/size resonator he has.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:56 PM
yeah its a manual, Ill have to ask im next time I see him, about his resonator (if he has one) I think that he likes the sound. Its not that bad just different. Also I have an automatic (no header) with an aftermarket exhaust. When I rev high (in nuetral) and get off the gas it seems like the rpms dont drop as fast as they should. any possibilities that my ehaust has a part in this. i think that it has a crack in the muffler.

2001 chevy cavy z24... Aem intake fed by hood scoop.. and exhaust... hopefully more to come soon
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:22 PM
Tylor G wrote:yeah its a manual, Ill have to ask im next time I see him, about his resonator (if he has one) I think that he likes the sound. Its not that bad just different. Also I have an automatic (no header) with an aftermarket exhaust. When I rev high (in nuetral) and get off the gas it seems like the rpms dont drop as fast as they should. any possibilities that my ehaust has a part in this. i think that it has a crack in the muffler.

Your RPMs don't drop as fast as his, for example, is because of gearing. Word of advice, don't compare an automatic car to a manual car.

If there was a hole in the muffler, you should be able to hear exhaust coming out of it if you put your head to it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:24 PM
A resonator gets rid of most of that poping back.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:51 PM
you should be able to tell an exhaust leak from a performance exhaust...

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search