obx - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
obx
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:44 PM
i just bought a new obx header and i wanted to ask if you all think that it will bolt right in with the cat.

Re: obx
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:46 PM
yeah it should
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:17 PM
Hell no...

The OBX header does not match up to the factory exhaust..

Welding will definately be required- the OBX downpipe just dumps to an open pipe.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:57 PM
Mine was fine. Still have it. Love it too.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Nissan for sale drop me a line!
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:29 PM
RedDevil wrote:Hell no...

The OBX header does not match up to the factory exhaust..

Welding will definately be required- the OBX downpipe just dumps to an open pipe.

I guess they redesigned it since you bought yours. Mine bolted to the factory exhaust perfectly. However, why should you leave your stock cat and catback? Just replace it all at once so you don't have to worry about it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:46 AM
Interesting...

Heres a pic of the one I have..

It dumps to an open pipe a few inches before the cat.
I apologize if I have misinformed someone.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:11 AM
run open headers

everyone on your block will think there are 20 harleys riding down the street

j/k

do the whole exhust in one shot, then it will be over and you will never have to b!tch about it again

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:05 PM
I see. I don't know about that LD9 header. But my LN2 OBX header ran right into the stock exhaust.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:52 PM
that pic is exactly like mine will that fit my 2.4

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:53 PM
the guy i bought it from said that it would but i never really did find out

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:01 PM
Same one I bought. I had to weld the pipe to the cat after trimming the pipe just before the cat. Also had to open up the port on the #4 header flange to match up with the stock head. The gasket they give you with that also doesn't match, so that'll need to be opened up too. Unless you have the EGR, then I think it might line up properly, i dunno about that.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:25 AM
oh @!#$ it sounds like too much work. it makes me affraid to do it. i dont really want to break anyhting on it.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:52 PM
kurt johnson wrote:oh @!#$ it sounds like too much work. it makes me affraid to do it. i dont really want to break anyhting on it.

you might as well stop modifying cars now lol. just quit while you're ahead

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:13 PM
I'm not 2 sure why so many people r having problems with there OBX header's mine bolted right up on 2K 2.4L the only thing done was the addition of a small 2 and a half inch stainless steel flex pipe

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!!!!!
Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:40 AM
Firepower wrote:I'm not 2 sure why so many people r having problems with there OBX header's mine bolted right up on 2K 2.4L the only thing done was the addition of a small 2 and a half inch stainless steel flex pipe

well that's the situation at hand. bolting right up refers to bolting to the head, as well as your stock exhaust. I would never buy a header if it required me to have to take it somewhere to add more on to what they gave me. It would be so much easier for OBX to just sell it with everything needed to bolt to the cat.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:04 PM
Mine didn't even match up with the head.........

Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:15 PM
since you guys are talking about the obx header.... I am about to buy the obx header for the 2.2 and I was wondering about how much of a gain it will be, I have herd many different things! I have herd 10-15 hp, I have herd 5 Hp, I have herd 25hp?????? I just dont know I dont want to expect to much and then not be happy with them you know?
let me know what you guys think!
Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:05 PM
CavalierRoad 92 wrote:since you guys are talking about the obx header.... I am about to buy the obx header for the 2.2 and I was wondering about how much of a gain it will be, I have herd many different things! I have herd 10-15 hp, I have herd 5 Hp, I have herd 25hp?????? I just dont know I dont want to expect to much and then not be happy with them you know?

the only way to tell is a before and after dyno in identical conditions.

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:18 AM
well i got the obx header, bolted up fine....no leaks nothing......although i got a hi flow cat with it also, and did both at the same time, but the header bolted up to the head perfect.....only thing was, since i have a sc and since the header has an egr port, i had to make an egr plate for the front of the motor.....but runs perfect other than that.....

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Friday, November 18, 2005 5:46 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
CavalierRoad 92 wrote:since you guys are talking about the obx header.... I am about to buy the obx header for the 2.2 and I was wondering about how much of a gain it will be, I have herd many different things! I have herd 10-15 hp, I have herd 5 Hp, I have herd 25hp?????? I just dont know I dont want to expect to much and then not be happy with them you know?

the only way to tell is a before and after dyno in identical conditions.

Yeah I know that but I was wondering if someone has done this swap before! and how much they got! But thanks!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search