k&n typhoon eco intake? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
k&n typhoon eco intake?
Friday, October 21, 2005 1:17 PM
dose anyone have this, it looks like a nice piece but i cant find any pics of it installed, i want to get one that replaced that box on top of the throttle body. if theres another one out there that removes that box let me know. thanks

Re: k&n typhoon eco intake?
Friday, October 21, 2005 2:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it looks basically the same as the RKSport Intake, i'm not 100% sure though.

Friday, October 21, 2005 3:18 PM
I had it on my 04 fire and loved the thing!

And best of all! If you hve a 5 speed IT COMES WITH A BRACKET FOR YOUR CLUTCH RESERVOIR!!!

Friday, October 21, 2005 10:11 PM
beautiful! thats exactly what i want, that ugly black box gone! thanks alot deadbob.

Friday, October 21, 2005 10:46 PM
ACav2Envy wrote:beautiful! thats exactly what i want, that ugly black box gone! thanks alot deadbob.

Just so you know, that's how basically every aftermarket intake looks like...just a pipe with a filter on the end, most of them even use K & N.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:53 PM
yes but on the eco most of the intakes keep th box on top of the throttle body, wich looks bad imo even if it dosent help in performance at all.

this is the thing im talking about. which for instance aem or rksport do not remove.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:25 AM
ACav2Envy wrote:yes but on the eco most of the intakes keep th box on top of the throttle body, wich looks bad imo even if it dosent help in performance at all.

this is the thing im talking about. which for instance aem or rksport do not remove.

Actually, they only do that on the 2002 ECOTECs.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:20 AM
^^^^2002s have less hood clearance. I installed a Weapon R intake on my cousin's 02. I still can't believe he paid so much for a POS that I could have made him for $30, but anyway....
It took a lot of work with the bracket and couplers around the throttle body to allow the hood to close without badly rubbing AND the throttle arm to not rub the elbow causing the throttle to stick.

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:42 AM
ive never seen 1 intake keep the TB box on the eco

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:40 PM
yea me either

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:05 PM
^^^^ word and i have had 3 diffrent ones. trying to find one that fits the best. and the K-N IMO did the best.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:46 PM
i have the rksport one and i never had a problem and it does get rid of the box over the throttle i think its bad ass.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:51 PM

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:30 PM
Quote:

wait so your saying that no matter what kit i get im not going to be able to get rid of that box because the intake will hit the hood!? or dose it just take a little bit of work to get it to fit properly.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:31 PM
ACav2Envy wrote:
Quote:

wait so your saying that no matter what kit i get im not going to be able to get rid of that box because the intake will hit the hood!? or dose it just take a little bit of work to get it to fit properly.

I don't think any kits out there make one for the 2002 that goes all the way to your TB. Basically, you would need to have one custom made. I don't think it's that big of a deal though but if you want it gone, find someone to make it either fit or custom make you one.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:02 AM
the rk , aem , and k&n(should fit) will all fit the 02's they are set up differently

than the weapon r only fits the 03-05 , due to the height of the elbow coming straight up from the tb to clear the throttle linkage

Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:35 AM
hmmm well thanks for the info guys! really helped clear everthing up.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:54 AM

Weapon R also gets rid of the box .

Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:49 PM
Weapon-R makes an Intake that is only for the 2002 Ecotec. It's a separate part number from the 03-05 one. I've never seen it in person though so I am not sure what the difference is.

2002 Ecotec Intake

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search