about hooking up gauges - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
about hooking up gauges
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:04 PM
ok, well its me again, and i have the oil pressure gauge figured out. but i am still unsure of were the best place to hook up my water temp gauge is? what about the boost/vac gauge? i saw somone say somewere on here that i can hook into any vacum line or somthing like that... please clerify!!! thanks

mike

Re: about hooking up gauges
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:51 PM
What sort of boost do you have? Your registry says it's a future mod and doesn't say what you're putting in.

If you don't have it yet... don't put a boost gauge in yet. That would be plain stupid. If you do, then you can hook into any boost/vacuum line that's on the pressurized side of your blower. With a turbo you can usually tee off right at the TB. With something like the GM S/C kit, you have to tee off on the boost side so you can go with either the line to the MAP or the line to the FPR.

Someone else will have to chime in with an answer for the water temp sensor.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:04 PM
does anyone know about the water temp sensor???

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:52 AM
you got guages and dont know how to put them in, sounds like you didnt have a use for them other then just wanting guages..?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:41 AM
Scotty B wrote:you got guages and dont know how to put them in, sounds like you didnt have a use for them other then just wanting guages..?

That's not really fair. I didn't know how to hook my gauges up when I bought them but I knew what I wanted to monitor and why I was buying them.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:15 PM
wtf, can a guy learn somthing around here??? if i knew everything i wouldnt have a question, but then what is the point of doing anything if you already know everything???? its called a learning experiance!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search