i am stumped - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i am stumped
Monday, October 03, 2005 4:09 PM
ok, i drive daily an 01 z24 coupe with 50 thousand miles on the engine

my mods include a WAI, alternator pulley, upper mount insert, stock exhaust, and

now i have been driving a different cav because mine got its tires slashed so im driving my moms old car

it is a 97 ls sedan with the 2.4 in it, it is completely bone stock, 4 speed auto, 75 thousand miles on the car

now i would say the coupe would rock the old sedan, but i dont know, that is why im stumped

after driving the sedan it has about the same pick up, but the timing and shifting of the transmission is much different, it shifts into higher RPMS, it just feels faster, but how can it be, it has more miles, no modifications and i do believe the sedans are a bit heavier

tell me why!!!

Re: i am stumped
Monday, October 03, 2005 4:18 PM
do you have any audio ?

im readin you have 19"s ?
nm i answered my own queston looks like you have some audio

might be a weight issue ...

Monday, October 03, 2005 4:19 PM
It's something different. It may "feel" faster, but without a dyno, or at least a G-tech, you really don't know for sure. Plus 19 inch rims and a system in the trunk will weigh you down a bit.

Monday, October 03, 2005 4:30 PM
i have 18s, sorry, my reg was wrong
and i can def see what you guys mean with the audio stuff, but i dont know, i guess its mainly the shifting which is so much different, just feels like more power is getting to the wheels quicker

Monday, October 03, 2005 4:39 PM
...if youve been driving the car really hard for several, several thousand miles (even though you are only at 50k), beating on it regularly, its possibly the engine is already tired. I had an old accord hatch that i ABSOLUTLEY dogged for about 10k miles, and even after reg. maintainance, the car still felt pooped. on the other end of the spectrum, my mom's camry, with 150k on the odometer, still feels as fresh as it did 100k ago, since it is very very rarely driven hard, and is maintained impeccably.

i think the wheels and audio have a lot to do with it. you never really see any fast fast cars with 200 lbs of audio equipment in em.

good luck finding your solution, friend.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:22 PM
2.4 Sedans are just faster as it is.

Maybe you should buy one...

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:23 AM
i want to say the beat on factor also has to do with it because nycavirider was driving his car, and my friend was driving his moms car which was 2.2 auto, nyc's was a 2.2 manual with motor mounts, intake, and exhaust, and his moms auto beat him. there it is the beat on factor, yours it could be rims system and beat on factor. doesnt it just screw with your head though ?! lol

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:29 AM
stop beating the sh!t out of your car, and your moms car

that way there will be power when u need it

18in rims will slow u down big time, there is something call un-sprung weight weight that has to be rotated has many more negatives to your acceleration and gas milage, than sprung weight

put your stock wheels on, watch how much faster ur car will be

me just having 16inx7in rims with 225-50's on would slow my old 2200 2.2 down big time. when i put the 14's back on it was a whole new game

oh and by the way the mods you got aren't worth d!ck other than maybe 2-3hp and that is a streach.

you got a z24 do a real mod go do a secret cam swap, that is good for a real 13hp at the wheels

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:16 AM
sinrocker's onto something... although I might have worded it a little gentler... heh...

your mods don't really amount to much in the power department, and bigger rims don't help. But at least you're off to a decent start

An intake is useless by itself, the engine can't breathe out any better with that stock exhaust choking it off. All it ends up doing is sounding louder. More complimentary mods would include a performance exhaust system (at least a cat-back, 2 1/4"), some suspension to help the weight transfer (ie lowering, sway bar), and maybe an electronic trans-hack to firm up your shifts.

At the very least... change that trans fluid.. might make all the difference in the world

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search