Anything Performance that Wont Void Warrenty? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anything Performance that Wont Void Warrenty?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:04 PM
i can not think of anything that i could add on that wouldnt void the warrenty on my 05 sunfire. but i am checking here first before i spend anymore money on the car. if there sint anything ill just go with some nice wheels and tires and then save for an engine build in about a 2 years when the warrenty does expire.

Re: Anything Performance that Wont Void Warrenty?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:06 PM
Hmmmmm I don't know a lot about warranties, but be sure and stay away from the N2O. You might go for the GM Ecotec Supercharger kit when it comes out.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:15 PM
the way the warranty works is if the part that is changed affects the part that is no longer working correctly then no it is not covered under warranty. example say you put an intake on and your tranny goes out. it would be covered under warranty. but say your iat sensor went bad not under warranty because the part you changed affected the sensor. hope that helps i dunno if thats what you were askin or not but whatever after market part you get as long as it doenst affect the part that is not working then your fine
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:20 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:the way the warranty works is if the part that is changed affects the part that is no longer working correctly then no it is not covered under warranty. example say you put an intake on and your tranny goes out. it would be covered under warranty. but say your iat sensor went bad not under warranty because the part you changed affected the sensor. hope that helps i dunno if thats what you were askin or not but whatever after market part you get as long as it doenst affect the part that is not working then your fine

@!#$ it. just do cams and boost lol

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:26 PM
i plan on more than just cams and ofcourse boost but that might be down the road i must save and plan but i want a fully built motor. crank, connecting rods/pistons, cams, new valvetrain, intake, exhaust.

but by the time i am ready for boost i dont know what i would want, supercharge it or turbo it....... probably turbo because if i already ahve a built motor i want as much power as possible and hopefully keep it a dd for a while with like a stage 2 clutch.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:26 PM
lol i lasted maybe 2 days before i said screw the warrenty on my 05 cavy.
Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:28 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:lol i lasted maybe 2 days before i said screw the warrenty on my 05 cavy.

i would say the same thing in a hearetbeat except my dad co-signed on the loan when i first bought it , so its not entirly my choice until i have finished payments. he signed for it buy i make every monthly payment.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:44 PM
understandable. just do moderate boltons first

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:46 PM
As far as warranties go, you have a warranty on your vehicle but they are somewhat divided.

Example: If your transmission goes, you have a warranty on your transmission.

Now you want to modify your car, say you want to put a cat-back on your car. Now you have the cat-back system on your car and suddenly your transmission goes on you and your dealership says they won't warranty your transmission anymore because you have a cat-back upgrade...they can't do that.

Your dealership has to PROVE how your cat-back exhaust has effected your transmission directly. If they can not prove it then they can not reject your warranty.

Now if you modify your motor by adding cams, your piston goes, well unless they can't tell you upgraded your cams, your warranty is voided.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:23 AM
I also have an 05 sunfire and have started moding it. I've got a pacesetter header, 2.25 cat back, and a 60mm TB on there, and when ever street beet customs gets off their lazy @#%!@ I'll have a CAI on there...

honestally, if your worried about any part of your warrenty, modding or racing a car is not for you. Remember custom cars = custom problems

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:24 AM
DeadBob wrote:Remember custom cars = custom problems

Oh so true...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:36 AM
Here are two links from the FAQ with all the information that you need to know

Warranty

Warranty

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:29 AM
As long as it's not anything in the engine, I would say that it will not void the warranty.

Sunfire 05

- Cold Air and Catback, stutbar before 5000km
- Header and Hi-Flow Cat before 8000km
- Short Shifter, Lowered suspension before 15000

With bolt-ons you won't have any problems, if you want to be sure just ask the dealer.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:37 AM
but they would also have to prove you changing cams blew the piston to

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:34 PM
if most dealers are like mine they won,t check the cams to see if they were changed. I should know I blew an engine because of wrong installation of cams and the whole engine was replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:59 AM
i plan on building the engine and probably boosting it one way or another but it will probably just ahppen after the waternt ends in like 30 months just to keep my dad happy. i will just deal with HIDS, wheels, and a few other exterior things first then save for the engine/super charger or turbo

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search