How to build engine for a turbo - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to build engine for a turbo
Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:47 PM
I was just wondering what engine mods I should do in order to install a turbo in the future?

Wide Body Progress

Re: How to build engine for a turbo
Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:53 PM
you can slap on a turbo now. but your engine probaly wont last long. feul mods you are looknig at feul pump, bigger injectors. probaly some internal work, like pistons, rods, valves, etc etc

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:12 PM
alot of research is the first thing that you need.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:20 PM
Mfk-223 wrote:alot of research is the first thing that you need.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:20 PM
bigest thing is fuel... make sure the fuel can keep up with the air thats coming in, for forged internals with lower compresion pistons is all youl really need for the inside (throw in new bearings and seals while it all apart and I'm a firm believer that if your ripping it apart throw in a new oil pump while your down there and do a water pump if you have decent milage on it) and make usre you do things to improve flow... cams, larger valves, ported head, big exhaust, big bore TB, I big plenum manifold with short but wide runners... theres alot to go into an actual built motor for boost, but fuel is first priority, and forged low compresion internals is second, then worry about ways to squeeze mor epower out of it with smaller mods, alot of peopel will try to push it to the max without doing internals till last, I say better safe then sorry. Do it right the first time and with some luck it will be the only time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search