pontiac sunbird - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pontiac sunbird
Friday, September 30, 2005 2:00 PM
hey wassup guys, i'm new to the site but am a regular over @ s-series.org. I'm an engineering student and am very mechanically inclined so I can do most of the work. I have a 1987 pontiac sunbird vin:k (non-turbo). I'm looking into a engine upgrade and am wondering what is the best engine to swap in from its 98 hp (stock) to about 210-240hp. The local motorsports shop says they advise a L67 aka a supercharged 3.8L(240hp). What do you all think I should go with? All responses are welcome.

Re: pontiac sunbird
Friday, September 30, 2005 3:42 PM
There's plenty of 2nd gens out there with blown 3800's in them. It's certainly not a bad choice! Can't be much different dropping it in a 1st gen.

Friday, September 30, 2005 4:46 PM
Well, boring as it may be I'd expect a reasonably built 2.0 turbo engine to reach that power level without trouble. The 3800 is fun, but it makes an already front heavy car more so. It also makes bunches more torque than most street driven FWD cars can connect to the ground. And it requires a large rework or replacement of the wiring harness and the ecm, where the turbo engine ecm can be integrated into the stock harness.

But there's no denying the WOW factor when opening the hood on a 3800 swap.

-->Slow
Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:07 AM
go to talk to jordan krugger he'll tell u what u need to do to make ur sunbird fast.he beats all kinds of cars new kill was a SRT-4heard he smoked it...dont listen to that comment it was for laughs only..never listen to 1 thing that kid says its all lies till he has proof to back it up.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Saturday, October 01, 2005 2:18 PM
well where can i reach Jordan Krugger at?

also what do you guys think would be the best to do with $1100
Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:54 PM
he was joking about jordan kruger.. I think

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:19 PM
lol man jordan is my hero i cant wait to be as fast as him
Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:13 AM
Ok what would you guys do if you had $1100 and wanted to go faster? (excluding NOS)
Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:05 PM
...hey, terrance, you goto ncsu? I live in cary....check out my profile. im no expert by any means with sunbirds, but ive modded my cavi...a bit.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:59 PM
wassup, yea I am a first year senior @ NCSU. What engine mods have you done to your caviler?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:37 PM
...saw your email addy. Look under soulhorse's profile (just click on the name), then look under cars. my car is not super super quick, but it should be the quickest ln2 in the triangle area.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search